VR flickering and slow menus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Munty, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Munty

Munty New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi there. I've been trying out a VR headset someone gave me a load of, quite enjoying it.

It's running really well with very respectable settings, but it is a 3090 providing the grunt so I guess it should. However when you pause the game the whole screen flickers quite violently for about 5 seconds, which has the effect of making you want to vomit, it calms down when the menu appears but then the menus are so slow they're almost unusable with the mouse position being updated about once every 2 seconds, almost impossible to use.

I don't understand how the complex bit -the game- is running absolutely lovely but the simple bit is horrible. Has anyone else found this and explored a way around it?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fennek

Fennek Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Same here. I recognized it is only in multiplayer not singleplayer. I also get a black screen when I try to leave a multiplayer session.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Samuel Moonpie

Samuel Moonpie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When in VR everything works great except when I open up the session menu. The cursor lags and the screen flickers and makes it such an unenjoyable thing that I'm not going into RaceRoom as much now. This session menu flickering is both in single player and multiplayer for me. Rather slows things down and makes it difficult when making changes in multiplayer with the clock ticking.
    I've been looking for a fix for this since a few days after the update. I'd really like to find out how to fix it.

4. Samuel Moonpie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I experienced this same thing moments ago. Did you find a solution to the problem?

5. Fennek

Fennek Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Still no solution for this problem.

6. Samuel Moonpie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I still have a flickering menu when in VR in a race session. I have have deleted OtterHUD from my PC and taken the link out of the Steam properties menu. It seems to be a little less flickering than before but it's still there and OH how I wish it were gone.