VR Suppot ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DrMabuse1963, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Do not agree at all, I'm on an older cpu i7-2600k and only recently upgraded to 980ti from my 970 which served me well in VR for nearly 2 years. My cpu performs at highest level and in pCars, Assetto, LFS, ETS2 I had no difficulty getting high fps. It is all relative and upgrades happen in any case. But for those who enjoy sim racing as their main hobby and focus for their entertainment, the cost is no way expensive and once you have properly experienced the thrill & immersiveness of VR sim racing ... well it's a no-brainer - VR and sim racing are perfect partners. But definitely costs will come down and even now is cheap to get into VR for its benefits when you look more broadly at what we spend money on. A good triple screen setup with SLI will cost more. I find there is just a basic resistence to VR in some people for what are quite weak and irrational reasons at times. Not saying yours are so, just saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    hopefully OSVR supports more games in the future. I think that would be the best option for simracing.

3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    The requirements for VR from the manufacturers is relatively high for the average gamer. The average gamers CPU and gpu is not that powerful...even less powerful when you add in other countries after the "main" ones.

Resistance is different than patience or hesitation.

As I said, I think VR has huge potential, but I think we are still a couple of years away for it to get into a really good swing. Right now the colours blow on the screens, the head gear is a bit too heavy and bulky and then throw in the price. How often are people going to be using it? I'd rather a new IPS synch monitor.

People take time to adapt, and technology also adapts to us. Look at tablets when they first came out.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah - I think so, too. Well I guess that the sim'mers will adapt a bit faster in that technology than the masses, as they play Sim's for a passion and when doing something with a passion you are always open for things that make that immersion better and you are open to invest more money in that passion...
    Thats not only in racing sims but even more in flight-sims and other special sims like Farm Sims or Truck Sims...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yeah vr and simming is a marriage in heaven