VRS Direct Force Pro automatic wheel setting

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by FormelLMS, Jan 22, 2022.

1. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I've heard that users with VRS DF Pro Base have the problem, that they have to set every degree of every car manually. I think I've found the problem and I think, Ihave the solution here:

Please do the following steps:
    1. Delete all files in the Folder Userdata/controlset (archive them elsewhere - this folder has to be clean)
    2. go to Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General
    3. rename the steering_wheel.xml to some other name
    4. Paste the steering_wheel.xml from here to this place
    5. Choose 1080 Degrees in the VRS Software (if there is an AUTO, it "should" work with Auto, too - I don't know)
    6. Start Raceroom - You have to reassign the buttons and the FFB in there to your likings Now it should work that steering wheel Degrees in VRS are as the cars have in their files. You don't have to switch in the software and so on I really hope it works. If not, you can use your backupped data again.

Unfortunately I have an VRS Base here but can't install it until my wheel is there, too. So I can't try. But I think, this was the problem, that S3 didn't have the VRS in their steering_wheels.xml

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    This doesn’t seem to work. Could the devs please help here?
    I don’t know who to tag. @J-F Chardon or @Alex Hodgkinson or someone else?
    Could you please help? I know the structure of the both files but automatic seems not to work.