Problem VRS Direct Force Pro FFB vibrations

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Moritz Löhner, May 13, 2020.

1. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I just installed my new VRS Direct Force Pro and wanted to set it up in RaceRoom.
    Everything is working fine until I go out on track and the FFB vibrates with the speed I go. The faster I go the more it starts to vibrate. It doesnt wiggle or anything it just vibrates really gently and get's higher with the speed. You can imagine it like a electric car going faster and likewise does the sound of it. It pretty much exactly sounds like that.

Or another example to make it more clear. It's like having a flat spot. The faster you go the faster would be the vibration.

I have tried every ingame and profiler setting and I cant get rid of it. Only by turning off the FFB completely.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? I really hope it's not a VRS problem since it is very new and not a lot of people have it yet.

Cheers
    Moritz

2. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Actually just solved it.
    Everyone running the VRS Direct Force Pro in RaceRoom turn of curb vibrations. Even if you dont hit a curb or come close to it. That's what causes the vibration. You won't have the full feeling of a curb anymore when you go over it but it definitely turns of the vibrations.
    Maybe something to fix for the devs.

3. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps

Do you have this in your RCS
    FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down

4. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Do you have this in your RCS

Before
    FFB rumble strip wave type="3" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down

After
    FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down

5. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Edit 2:
    FFB Effects all have to be on 0%. Go out on track and you wont have vibrations.
    Go back into settings and you can change one effects setting, go out again and it wont change any feel to the wheel.
    Go back again and change it another time and vibrations will come back.
    To fix it you have to turn everything to 0% again.

Hope Devs can fix this. I am happy to help if you dont have experience with the VRS.

6. alleskleinundzusammen1

alleskleinundzusammen1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Moritz - how did you set your control panel in VRS wheel control center?
    I have no vibrations anyway - even not, when increasing/applying curb vibration gain.
    I started from scratch after switching from CSW2.5 to the VRS DFPro

7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It will be to do with the wave shape, some DD wheels do not like certain shapes. Suggest only using sine wave as described above. Without these changes in the RCS file the effects will cause issues. Change that and you should be able to turn kerbs etc back on. It's a new wheel so there will be no default.

@Alex Hodgkinson May ask you to send in an example file so he can build a profile around it.

Thanks

8. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    @Moritz Löhner best if we do this directly over Discord - drop me a message

9. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    I actually talked with the VRS guys about this.
    All the effect settings make no sense for DD and it's better of turning it off.
    I drive with 0% on all the effect settings now and it feels like it should.

10. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    As your wheel does not have a default profile already, the game will load a generic default @Moritz Löhner.
    We can definitely improve that.