Problem WE NEED ADMINS IN THIS GAME .....A.S.A.P !!!!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by marcel638, Oct 10, 2017.

1. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    If taking about rating we mean I think it will be called reputation, then it it supposed to be something like safety rating in iR

2. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I think 'rating' will be similar to iRacing's incident points; not based on speed.

edit: what yoori said

3. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    We are currently tracking the users "Reputation" & "Performance".

The Reputation Rating keeps track of incidents etc., while the Performance Rating looks at your race results.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  4. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    last weekend this guy did that a few times until got tired...

we need a solution to this :(

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Let's see how the Rating-System is working in practise - I guess it will solve several issues with wreckers and I hope that casual racers like me still find opportunities to find a public race we I find some time for it.

But I still guess some further Admin-Features within the dedicated-server-tool like a restart-session and Kick player-Option or a Black/White-List could be helpful in future after the Rating-System is released.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. MRaabe

MRaabe Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Lol... read my post about incidents on my dedicated servers. That's EXACTLY the guy i was talking about, it's even one of my servers "VLN 4h Training".
    Sure, i could activate wrecker prevention, but i'm not a big fan of such artifical measures. If someone comes off the track, hits the barrier and comes back on the track uncontrolled hitting another driver, that's stuff that can happen in racing. I don't want to have ghost-cars driving around, it kills the immersion for me :-/
    Let me just ban him :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    As a first step you could exclude free content from your dedi servers, that would "ban" a lot of the crashkids already

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    You would also ban Ford GT GT1 if you did that

9. MRaabe

MRaabe Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I know i could do that, but first i should not have to do that, and second, we had an event some time ago on the nordschleife including the silhouette series, and the serves was kind of a trining server for that event, so i needed to have them. And the silhouette cars match nicely into the lineup, so i would hate to ban them because of a hand full of people.

And in this case it would not have helped, i saw the same guy some hours earlier with a paid car, can't remember which one it was though.

10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Yeah.. and we are a lot of drivers who do that and love it. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    You are right, you should not have to do so and the admin tools you request would be real benefit. I was more suggesting it as an interim solution ("Notbehelf"), as most crashers drive the free content (though not exclusively). On the other hand we had race last week without password protection and only names familiar from the various live broadcasts of the bigger leagues participated. Obviously they thought they could ram the unknown people out of the way to have some fun. So what would an admin tool be worth? Would anyone ban a big name? I doubt so.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    If someone behaves like that, his name isn't 'big' anymore.

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, Don Rudi.
    The point is that when you feel the need to kick or ban sb, the damage has already been done. Yes, if you ban that one person he won't be able to come back. But that doesn't prevent sb else from going rogue and there will always be certain people who get a favourite treatment cause of personal ties or for some other special status, which raises fairness arguments and you end up spending more time debating who should be banned and who shouldn't than you spend racing.

So from my pov a working raking system would help your cause much more than the ability to ban sb, just like using wrecker prevention.
    You don't like it cause it is unrealistic, which is fine. But you gotta weigh the pros and cons and if you detest wreckers as much as your postings make it sound then maybe you should consider using it nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MRaabe

MRaabe Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I can just talk for myself, but i definitely would, yes. If you are a dick, you get treated like a dick, no matter how "famous" you are.

Just don't discuss your kicks and bans, when you feel like you have to kick, then kick, and that's it... no discussion at all. It's my server, my rules, it's as easy as that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I'm shocked. :eek: And yes I would kick them. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Svennixx

Svennixx Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Maybe let the "ranked" servers not have a kick/ban function since the game tries to filter out the bad from the good. But for open non ranked give them a kick/ban function.
    I can see there being rogue admins that cant handle losing to some unknown guy being faster and just banning him from their ranked server since he doesnt wanna lose performance points.

Not sure how the whole rank servers are going to work. Are we able to make ranked servers?

17. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Those who provide the servers will have no right to decide who uses them.

S3, instead, decides who is allowed, based on overall 'performance'.

Great philosophy.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    We couldn't even vote or discuss such a case.
    There is no voting and no chat

(no pun intended Madame Cureuil)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah... I thought so too at some point in the past. Hands on experience taught me otherwise, get ready to do a lot of replay reviewing and decision explaining. ;)

Just to be clear, I'm not against introducing a kick/ban thingy, but I'm kinda sure it won't cure all your wrecker problems and that it will create problems of a different nature.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure what you are on about @schielchen

If you create a password protected server, it will still be up to you to decide who knows the password.
    And it will also be up to you if you want to set a limit for minimum reputation/performance rating on your server.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1