Problem WE NEED ADMINS IN THIS GAME .....A.S.A.P !!!!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by marcel638, Oct 10, 2017.

1. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    What if open servers are preferred and your system will filter the wrong people?
    You are talking about a system of which noone knows how it will affect the game.
    Why don't you tell us if we will have a chat, a voting system and admin rights on OUR servers, or not?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Who said open public servers will have a filter?

All i said was, that we are considering making that filter an option for dedicated servers.
    Whether you use it or not is up to you.

3. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I am aware of that.
    You are considering to make it an option?
    Are you telling me it could be forced upon us if this consideration is abandoned?
    ...and what about my second question?
    Are you dodging?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    The request is heard, I know it's needed and we'll look at bringing these tools to community dedicated servers.

So far the idea is that the dedi UI will parse all the recent logs of your server and list all the players that have visited it (in the last X days).

Then the admin can use that list to either ban a player, add penalty weight, etc.

When the license system is out you'll also be able to limit access to your server to a certain grade (and above).

As usual, I cannot give you an ETA because we're currently busy on other things.
    But rest assured we'll try and get it done asap.

• Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Instead of constantly complaining about something that doesn't even exist yet, why don't you wait and see what it is like, when it is published?!
    Chat - I would not want to see any resources wasted on an ingame chat, when virtually every club and league uses Discord or TeamSpeak anyway. When we host public races, we have a FB chat running in parallel for votings - even that works fine. Spare the resources and give my a saftey car instead :)

iRacing shows that a ranking system can provide some really great racing. There is a lot I did not like at iRacing, but the way matching people were grouped for the races was something I really enjoyed. If it works there, why should it not work for Raceroom as well? Let's give it a chance and at least try it.

What I agree though - even on password protected servers, there might be people showing up that you do not want to have on the races for whatever reason. A possibility to temporarily/permantly block them would be nice indeed. Reasons could be as simple as not having paid a starting fee, swearing over voice chat or whatever, things that will not affect the players rating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Thank you J-F
    It took a whole lot of writing to get an answer.
    Will there be a chat then, too?
    I don't need an ETA, just a yes or no.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. MRaabe

MRaabe Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i know, it is a lot of work to keep public servers online and threat the community in a fair way, but i have already done that in the past with other games.
    Sure, the admin tools would not solve all problems, but they would be a step in the right direction.

@Georg Ortner
    Why are you thinking about developing such a complicated system like a reputation or performance filter? I saw way bigger developers than S3 failing big with such systems, because of their complexicity.
    Why don't you instead just develop some really basic admin tools for your voluntary admins out there, like me? Not only kick/ban, but also some real basic stuff, like a Welcome Message where i can tell every joining player who he has to talk to if there are problems with the server. Or some free text columns in the server browser, where i can write things like "hosted by ABC, if you encounter any problems with the server please contact me at blabla". (why can't i post links? -_- )

You know, working in the IT-Business and having my own infrastructure, i have hardware-servers that are powerfull enough to host like 20-30 R3E-Servers, Teamspeak for them and whatever you want. I would even do that for free, the servers are running and bored anyway. But it's realy hard to do when you don't have any tools =/

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Add penalty weight?! That's very welcome :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Yes :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    A chat would be unnoticable in it's consumption of resources

11. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    The Rating system was not primarily developed to be used as a filter for dedicated servers.
    It serves a much bigger purpose in a ranked Multiplayer environment.

And as JF mentioned above, more admin options will come as well.

We try to improve on all aspects of Multiplayer: Public lobby, dedicated servers & ranked/competitive structures.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I was refering to development resources ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Well the messages are there already, it only needs a UI area for it.

What may take a bit more is vote for next session stuff. That's not in there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Now there's no more question if I will stay with the game.
    Take your time and do it as usual.
    Awesome :)

15. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Don't hold your breath though, because as I said, we have right now totally other priorities to finish first.

• Like Like x 1
  16. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    All my fuzz was about the 'if' not the 'when'.

• Like Like x 1
  17. W4RBo$$

W4RBo$$ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I know that I'm like a few months late on this issue as far as response and or suggestions go,... but, I think there is a saying,... "it's never too late" here on earth.

Ok! I play a number of Games and Sims, and one of which has impressed, me a lot, though it has happened to me, is how the game Planetside 2 deals with penalizing players that shoot their own teammates. You get warned, and after so many times, you get your weapon auto locked on you, for a fair amount of time. I believe the Devs realize, that,... because you can have 1000s of players in the same server at the same time, in the same instance, that team shooting, isn't really done with an on-purpose intent,... for the most part. Anyone that has ever played, or still play, Planetside 2, know what I'm saying here.

If there can be a system in R3E, that works similar to what's in Planetside 2 (kind of an admin on auto pilot). This can benefit as well as work alongside the rating system. Though you have a rating system that "weed out" certain types of racers from certain other types of racers, into competitive groups, the thought, leaves us of how those racers (trying to make it to a higher rating) on the lower end still may/will, have to deal with racers that simply don't care, but to play pinball, or spin the car. Sure admin tool, are wonderful, but as someone did mention,... could be biased, very much so. So, an auto pilot admin tool, that you turn on, or off, and can be set to allow up to so many infractions, or type of infractions, that also, send info/report to the rating system, will eliminate, the biased attitude. Everyone abides by the same rules. No favoritism!

PS. Almost forgot,... not to the leave out the ways of possibly contacting admins, to make amends.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018