Weak FFB on certain cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aleksey Gershin, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Aleksey Gershin

Aleksey Gershin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Newbie question perhaps, but I was wondering why FFB levels are so different between cars. For example, DTM16 Audi has nice FFB with wheel loading up as speed increases; GT3 McLaren has is similar FFB, but is weaker; and then we have Porsche GT3 Cup where FFB can be barely felt. Porsche 964 has around the same feel as Porsche GT3 Cup . KTM X-Bow, likewise, feels very light.

P.S. I've recently upgraded to CSW 2.5 which has drift setting. On the default -5 drift setting in Porsche GT3 Cup, wheel feels almost as if the drift setting was increased to a neutral or even positive value (ie dampening is drastically increased).

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I have the same experience with the latest physics/FFB iteration on my T300. I simply use the FFB multiplier to finetune the cars individually.

3. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Depends on what sort of physics the cars are modelled with as well the how the car is. The Porsches are all rear-engined with the fuel tank in the front. As you use the fuel the front will get lighter.

It also depends on what your own FFB settings are and what wheel settings your using.

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    The FFB multiplier Balrog mentioned is located in the car setup screen, under steering settings. It is specific to each individual car so you can get the FFB strength to your liking without having to mess with your overall settings.

5. Frost

Frost Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I thought the same about the FR90 a first, then realized it was because the base setup was so bad. Once I made adjustments to the setup, I could feel the tires loading up and the car had a lot of grip. The default setup in FR90 is really bad and the car is difficult to drive, not sure I understand the thinking behind releasing it that way. When some cars are released with very good drivable setups.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the FR90 I just increased the multiplier, since I assume the steering on this car should definitely feel harder compared to a FR junior or a GT4 with powersteering for example. But I haven't driven a racecar in real life so I dial those multipliers dependant on the cars having powersteering, wide or narrow tires and a lot of guessing...
    @Frost what did you change to obtain that better ffb feeling?

7. Frost

Frost Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Lowered the anti-roll bar and Spring settings so the car wasn't so stiff and is able to transfer some weight around. I have had to run high downforce, 10-11 Front & 16-17 Rear. The tire pressures for the default setups are off, so on some setups lowering the PSI anywhere from 1 to 1.5 PSI. On the diff. everything is close to 50% (+/- 10), Camber is off, I've set that to 1.5 (+/- .3). When you get the setup right, that FFB is strong because there is actually grip instead of that feeling of driving on sand. At least that's what I've found. I kept thinking I needed to be close to the default and that held me back until I really started lowering the settings and then the car turned and I had some feel in the wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I'm also a bit annoyed by the weak FFB in the Porsche 964 cup car, it's very difficult to feel the grip. I've tried playing with the FFB multiplier, but I can't seem to find the sweet spot. Default is 3.0, I think, and I'm currently using 4.0. I mostly drive the classic cars, and the 964 has by far the weakest FFB compared to other similar cars.

The 934 for instance, feels very good with the default settings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    A few tweaks to that coming your way soon.

• Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    This is a "problem" of Raceroom. Every car has it's own FFB strenghts and this is tightened to the many FFB settings. So you have to fiddle with every car with the FFB meter and FFB multiplier to get the whole experience.

Set the FFB multiplier, that you can see in FFB meter, that it doesn't clip. Than you have no weak FFB.

11. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I think Raceroom must and should revise their FFB and physics on a lot of classes. On older stuff it really feels floaty. Newer stuff are good. Have an issue with a WCTR car.

Just to sum it up the FFB is still below AMS and rFactor 2. Although I rate it higher than AC, and on same level as AC, but close. There some work to do. Generally Raceroom is showing it's age at the moment.

12. ave_golf

ave_golf Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    If you take the WTCC 13 you could "see" and feel the old physics, they are extremly inestable, you take a 70° turn only turning 2% of steering wheel, you are 100% on the accelerator turning in 1 or 2 gear and the car doesnt understeer, it's so frustrating and really false

Anyway to the OP, The physics of the GT3 Cup in my personal opinion are one one of the best, that car in the real life is like that.. so inestable, rear engine, and absoluty dependent of fuel charge

13. Aleksey Gershin

Aleksey Gershin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I was not questioning physics of the car, just amount of FFB you get by default on this car vs some others...