News Weekly Update 06/11/15 - Chang International track coming to RaceRoom

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Nov 9, 2015.

1. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Partnership with Tilke GmbH brings Chang International to RaceRoom.

Surprise! Another FIA WTCC track is coming to RaceRoom soon. Thanks to a close collaboration with the world's leading designer for racetracks, Tilke GmbH, we are able to announce that Chang International Circuit By Buriram United will be available very soon!

Buriram is the latest exciting race track to burst on to the busy Far East racing scene.
    Since opening it's doors in 2014, this brand new FIA Grade 1 rated facility has already hosted many national and international series, such as the Japanese Super GT, Asian Le Mans Series as well as the TCR International Series and the WTCC.

The 4.5 km long track features a good mix of interesting corner combinations and a long straight providing a good overtaking opportunity. It also provides a tropical jungle scenery in the horizon, not a thing you often see from a race car.

Much more info about this new track on our forums, and check out the Tilke GmbH website
    -----

[​IMG]
    Physics Development with Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky
    Sector3 will deliver all the excitement of the Audi Sport TT Cup in RaceRoom and for that we're again working with feedback from the real drivers. So far we've been working hand in hand with Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky and Joonas Lappalainen.

Here's a short recap of Mikaela's visit to our studios last month where she got to drive the first iteration of the car's physics. It's always exiting for us to get feedback on what drivers think about their own cars ingame and Mikaela had some very useful comments.
    ----

[​IMG]

Warmup to the KW Virtual Racing Challenge
    Soon the details of the upcoming RaceRoom championship sponsored by KW will be made public, and to get you in the mood we have set up a leaderboard challenge at Laguna Seca showing a brand new KW livery on the Corvette Z06.

Give it a spin in either of the three difficulty levels and get settled in for one of the major simracing challenges of spring 2016.
    -----

[​IMG]

Free content
    We mentioned it in the previous newsletter, but just to be sure nobody missed this great news here it is again. We have extended our Free-to-Play base content, and given some of the cars an extensive physics and sound update.With 6 new free cars in the Silhouette & Prototype Series, R3E now offers 11 cars, including tons of liveries and 3 tracks absolutely free of charge.
    Send this link to friends and family to get them to join you on the track
    Download R3E now for free: store.steampowered.com/app/211500/

-----

Paul Ricard at 30% off
    [​IMG]

Paul Ricard is a fixed stop on the calendar of all major racing teams, this is where the limits are tested.

The signature blue markings on the track act as massive run-off areas, allowing teams to run at 101% without having to empty their car for gravel when it goes wrong.

This challenging and fun track is catering to races from formula cars to GT and touring cars, it is a busy place, and one that you can now finally get to experience in detail. This week it is yours at 30% off!
    -----

Competition overview
    [​IMG]

There are always live competitions on the RaceRoom Racing portal, many of which allow you to try out cars and tracks you do not own. Free of cost, no strings attached!Join competitions and challenges where you can compete for cool prizes or just measure yourself up against friends on the leaderboards.

This week we have a fresh batch of post-patch competitions, fresh out of the oven. Highlights include the first DTM 2015 competition, DTM 2013 cars on Bathurst and a FREE taste of Spa with the Group 5 monsters.
    -----

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    It seems like with this update my issue with the headphones has been fixed thanks

3. Lars Bachmann

Lars Bachmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I guess this "weekly update" is some kind of "weekly news". It's just for informing us what has changed or what has happened during the week.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I see there's a 30% discount on vRP,

Is this purchaseable with steam-wallet funds? I know you can buy cars and packs etc ingame with it, can I buy vRP with it though?

5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    no the discount is due to being able to avoid steam tax via this method but it also doesn't use the steam store. it gives you a code to put in the game

6. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Damn, I wanted the 5000vRP bundle :p

7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    You can still get it, you just can't use your Steam wallet to buy it. You but it directly through the web/R3E store, and it will still be 30% cheaper than if you used Steam funds.

8. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Sounds really good. Furthernore I hope WTCC '15 car pack isn't that far away. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    TBH... I don't
    WTCC14 came less than 6 month ago (end of June), and there's not a lot of difference between the cars in 15 compared to 14. TC1 regulation is the same.

I'de rather see other content, or new game feature. WTCC 15 can wait :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'm ready for the WTCC 2015 pack. The 2015 championship is coming to a close and it would be great to align the release of this pack accordingly. I'd rather play it now rather than 2016 when next year's series is under way.

...but make it nice and cheap for 2014 owners. After all, it's only one new model and some different liveries.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    yeah,the wtcc pack was late being released last year if I recall?

yeah, I didn't buy the 2014 pack bc I had no discount for the '13 pack....well, we know how this goes. :)

They may have an obligation to release a pack every year, terms of the agreement or something?

12. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Well, I can't get it, I don't have acces to internet-banking, and I already have steam wallet..

13. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    2014 pack is worth getting though, it's so much fun driving around, the front wheel drive throws you off at the beginning but then you unlock the secret of how to use it. Brilliant.

14. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Can you buy prepaid credit/debit cards anywhere? Those are fairly common here, can get them at most petrol stations and can be used for any online transaction just like a normal card.

15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    There might be a slight discount this year, depends if they classify the cars as new or not. Last year was perfectly fair to pay again IMO, they were new bodykits on completely new car physics, this year the Lada is the only new car.

Nice idea to wrap up the news like this, looking forward to what the next month will bring.

16. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I have 2013 and two cars from 2014. I just didn't think the pack was good value for me....no discount for 2013 owners etc... Made more sense to just buy one car...then I got another one in a sale.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to the TT cup and I just saw this vid:

Did a search and also found a facebook page showing pictures that they have had a Pre season test at Catalunya
    Does this mean Audi TT cup going to Barcelona next year?
    That would mean the same in R3E if the TT cup series will continue with S3S?

18. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    No, the weather in Germany is just too bad at the beginning of march for good test-days on german tracks.
    The Audi TT Cup races will also in 2016 be at some of the DTM events.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    As long as it's the civic ;) Such fun to drive that

20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0

Nice!
    But a tip would be to also include other channels with many subscribers, like Empty box, Failrace and ISR in those prewiew releases to get the word out to the greater masses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1