Question Weight Tool in Dedicated Server Tool

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GeW, Jun 2, 2015.

1. GeW

GeW Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hallo.

I have just a simple question concerning the weight tool in Your server tool:

Why is the weight tool missing?!?!

In Your Server-Tool WIP-Video, You showed this weight tool and this is pretty much how we need it. Simple and easy.

Unfortunately this weight tool is more or less essential for online leagues!! We have waited for so long to get Your Server tool, so please reimplement the weight tool!!

Bye!

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  2. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Oh Lord.
    Weight penalties will come at a later stage, as well many other important things. We all want a finished, complete, polished final product, but it takes time. Dedi are here cause of our INSISTING requests and despite missing features, we can now keep ourselves entertained and run Champs even if weight options are not there. Just gather your buds, pick classes and tracks, run the thing and have fun for goodness sake! What's the reason of yelling to them "where's my weight tool?".
    Sometimes is even nice saying thank you you know? Especially when someone has worked his ass off to give us 10gb of new content... Geez

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. GeW

GeW Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thank You. Maybe it looks a bit dramatic.

I already thanked Sector3 for this huge update and the incredible result. But that is another part and that is why you will find it in another thread.
    Of course they worked hard for this huge update. There are so many updates, that it is clear, that they had enough tasks until today.
    BUT, this weight tool normally should no big deal. Unless the link to a specific driver via GUID works, it is only one parameter in car physics that has to be changed.

I was yelling out, because I really want to hear the reason (not implicitly "come on! be happy that you got something"). It may be part of coming releases, I hope so. But from the programmers sight, I like to know why it was not part of this release.

For professional online championships, these weights are more than useful to equalize different car levels and to get closer racing.
    I hope You understand this.

P.S.: I deleted the highlighting of my main quastion.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  4. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I'm also looking forward to the release of the weighttool.. Cause this is indeed a very nice feature which i support hugely!

Dont mind it not being there though atm.. It's not necessary for all competitions.. :cool:

5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    ... and I removed the "dislike" rating! ;)

6. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    From outside view there are many many things which look quite simple, but this doesn't mean they really are. And all this stuff needs to be tested, because even very small changes can break the whole game. It's all up to the developers to balance manpower, time and priorities.

BTW .... i fully agree that a Weight tool is needed, but good things come to those who wait. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1