Weird pitstop times with GT3 Camaro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nobledms, May 6, 2018.

1. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I bought the GT3 Camaro from the store and started a new championship with mandatory pitstops . Problem is...when i do a pitstop the estimated time is 28 seconds , is that normal ? Other cars pit in 7-8 seconds from the same class . Is there a way to fix this ?

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
  3. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
  4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Dunno.
    I would assume so, but it's rare that I race against the AI with pit-stops.

5. Dave Brown65

Dave Brown65 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    If you don't hit the pit stall right there is a delay too.

6. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I was playing around with pit stops in the gt3 merc sls today, tire change and refuel in the 28 second range. I was looking to make a preset for just fuel, that should be in that area of time

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    fuel usually is the one that takes the time , if you atch imsa etc , generally they can do 4 tyres and a driver change in the time it takes to refuel

Andi

8. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Past weekend during Super GT-pitstops i I payed special attention to the time it took to change tires.
    2 mechanics take about 5-6seconds for front or rears and 10-15seconds for changing all tires depending on how smooth it goes..

Atm in raceroom it takes more than double that time. Maybe the pitcrew is a bit too slow at the moment. Fuel is fine though..

If only one person of the pitcrew is changing tires i'd say the time in raceroom is ok..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The GTR3 pitstops in R3E are like the ones you see in Blancpain GT series, two people only, changing one at a time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    AfaIk in Super GT they have two guys equipped with a hydraulic drill each, and each changes two tyres (which are already layed out around the pit spot). But in many other GT(3) series those two have to work as a team, of which one operates the drill and the other hands/takes away the tyres, and those are significantly slower (also because they have to fetch and carry away the tyres). Because this seems to be the more common modus operandi atm, it was decided to roughly match their times.

I'd say these are typical times, taking roughly between 20 and 25 seconds to change tyres:

These guys from Team WRT are probably the quickest team I've seen so far, sth in the 16 to 17 second range, which is impressively fast and accurate:

(Although you also have to consider that this was a practice session and no other engineers were in their way, like they would in a real pit stop situation during a race.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 8, 2018