Welcome!The (Unofficial) Beginner's Guide in the World of Raceroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alesi27, Sep 1, 2015.

1. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    DISCLAIMER:As I m not affiliated with Sector 3 Studios in any way,everything in the thread are personal opinions or facts gained from experience with the game.

2. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    So browsing through Steam you found a shiny racing game by Sector 3 Studios called Raceroom Racing Experience.You checked the free content,test drove around with all the others and now you wanna spend money to join the online.Here comes the question "Which cars and packs should I buy?".Don't worry we are here to help you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    STEP ONE
    Buy Vrp by this:
    http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp.
    Thats the official VRP store of R3E and the best way to obtain vrp for use in game.
    My suggestion for the beginning is the 5000vrp which has a nice -30% off at 35 euros.
    Remember to use an easily accesible e-mail as you will receive a code there to redeem in R3E environment.

4. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    STEP TWO
    Ok ,we have our code in the email inbox now what?
    Well,lets go here : http://game.raceroom.com/store/
    Login to your account and on the upper right corner you will find a vrp counter.Press the little arrow and a drop down menu will appear.Click on Redeem code and enter the code you received.Success!You should now see 5000 vrp on the main screen.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  5. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    STEP THREE
    What to buy.
    The recommended basis is the DTM Experience 2013.That will cost you 1499 vrp but you will have access to 9 tracks including 3 of the most used in online events (Nurburgring,Hockenheim and Red Bull Ring) plus a good discount towards 2014 Experience and the upcoming 2015 Experience.
    My second suggestion will be WTCC 2013 pack which might be obsolete online at the moment but for 1199 vrp you have 3 tracks (Suzuka,Monza and Hungaroring) that cost about 1500 vrp on their own.Also nothing stops you fron entering Single Player and use the WTCC 2013 cars.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  6. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    STEP FOUR
    Lets buy something more.
    Alright if everything has gone right you should have about 2300 vrp left.Use them wisely on the following items:
    1.From the WTCC 2014 buy the Chevrolet Cruze TC1 (279 VRP).Some people may consider the Honda or the C-Elysee but from my experience I can tell that RML Cruze is the easiest car to drive around for a beginner.
    2.From the DTM 1992 your weapon of choice should be BMW M3 Sport Evolution(249 vrp).That will enable you to unlock the BMW M3 E30 Gr.A for just 65 vrp from the Touring Classics.
    GT CLASSES (ADAC GT MASTERS 2013 & 2014,GTR 3).Here things get complicated because most cars are reused in each pack with livery changes and small physics tweaks.As far as I'm considered I will pick a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for 329 VRP from the GTR 3 class plus the corresponding car from each of the ADAC GT MASTERS season (79vrp x 2=158 vrp).

• Like Like x 1
  7. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    FINAL
    So for about 3800 vrp(less than 30 euros) you can race upwards of the 70% of the online races and you will have something around 1200vrps for future purchases.Feel free to comment,ask or add your own opinions on the game.

8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Might be better to say that it's your suggestions to which content to buy first rather than a guide to Raceroom? I think what you put is a good way to demonstrate how to get good value out of the content, but it's fairly subjective and certainly isn't a guide to the wider game in general.

9. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Yes,as stated in the disclaimer everything written here is out of personal experience but it can double as a small guide about how to start and what to buy in R3E.

• Like Like x 1
  10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Good initiative!

• Like Like x 1
  11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, but something tells me this thread should be renamed to "All wise things I didn't do when I was too greedy for RRE":rolleyes::)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Snap, what an impatient arse I am!! :confused:

13. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    It might be important to tell people that there are sales events at times, giving big discounts 25-50%.

All cars can be test-driven in the shop for free, lonely hotlapping on raceroom default track. I would make use of thta option. You will like some cars more to drive than others. Some are cars that you will never drive at all. Do not go by names. Go by your experience with driving them, whether you liked to drive it, or not.

You need just one skin per car to drive that car in any race event. All cars not owned by player will be used by the AI in race, just cannot be driven by the player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Also to test new tracks for free in the competitions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea of this thread. Only the words "recommended" or "suggested" should be more pronounced. ;)
    I would drop the "need to buy" in STEP THREE. Nevertheless i agree and you can't go wrong starting with the DTM Experience 2013 and the WTCC 2013, because you get 12 tracks and 8 cars for 2698 vRP. That's less than 25€ and a very good base content-wise.
    Alternative ...... if you don't care about the DTM2013 and WTCC2013 cars, you can just buy the European Track Pack (with 14 tracks) for 2649 vRP, and then add just a few cars you like.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestion.Step three corrected accordingly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Another point: Use the Testdrive option extensively !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1