Problem WHAT about Gearbox in H!!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by XICOPONT, Dec 12, 2017.

1. XICOPONT

XICOPONT Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well , firts of all, I am going to write in spanish because i don't have enough vocabulary in english to explain this problem. Sorry.

Por que se a cambiado la opcion de conducir en H??? Ahora un bmw 235 por ejemplo no puedo conducirlo con las marchas en H, solo con levas o secuencial........

Y por que es necesario pedal de embrague para poder llevar en H los dtm 92 por ejemplo? ahora al subir de marcha pasa por punto muerto y sube de vueltas daƱando el motor. Hay gente que no tenemos pedal de embrague.

Antes se podia llevar en H cualquier coche y sin necesidad de embrague, ahora no se puede. Me parece una cagada. Que es mas realista, si, pero que dejen la opcion para los que no tiene embrague poder seguir disfrutando del cambio en H.

Menuda decepcion, espero que lo cambien.

2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Porque tiene una caja de cambios secuencial en la vida real, no h-shift.

3. XICOPONT

XICOPONT Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    • Game no longer allows to drive a sequential gearbox car with an H-shifter. H-Shifter users no longer need to change the H-Pattern gearbox option manually depending on the car they picked. They can now always leave the option always enabled and let the game decide when to use it or not.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!!!!! I have the whole game bought, but now I can NOT drive a dtm 92 or group 5 without clutch!!! I don't have clutch, but i have the TH8A , and i always drove in H mode....it was a pleasure.......and now what???

what a
    disappointment. I don't like drive with secuential... why not we can choose the mode to drive?

pufff i am thinking seriously to unnistall the game.....It was my favourite sim but now i hate......

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. XICOPONT

XICOPONT Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    si me parece muy bien, pero antes podias conducir del modo que mas te gustara, ahora los que no tenemos embrague que??
    que dejen elegir el modo de cambiar, como estaba antes..... me parece un error.

5. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    OMG!

Press the button F5 to change from clutch to auto clutch and you can drive H-shifters without clutch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. XICOPONT

XICOPONT Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    IT does not works....

7. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Do you have H-pattern shift ON?

8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If you go into the options menu, and then vehicle settings, you can enable auto-clutch.

Then, make sure you go into advanced controller settings and enable H-Pattern.

Now you should be able to use your H-shifter without a clutch pedal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I was driving with autoclutch and H-shifter just today, so I can confirm it most definitely still works, as long as you set it up correctly (see above). The changelog entry you quoted has nothing to do with autoclutch, it has to do with us no longer having to switch between H-shifter and sequential mode manually, like we had to until now.

10. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Always so funny when people try to bash things like this then makes a total jackass out of themselves.. but good thing that this forum is doing its job. Helping out people who does not deserve it

11. XICOPONT

XICOPONT Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, but the problem is when you change the gear, before, the neutral doesn't work, but now yes and the engine has damage......and, the other thing, before, i can drive whatever car with H, but now is impossible, only the kind of gear box that the car has.....I don't like these two things.

• Like Like x 1
  12. XICOPONT

XICOPONT Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    very useful your help......thanks for nothing.... what an idiot.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Gentlemen. Be nice. If you can't be civil to each other, DON'T POST.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    So, if I understand it correctly, you're trying to shift without lifting and you can't do that now? If so...isn't that how it should be? If you don't lift, you will obviously overrev your engine between shifts.

Can't really see why you'd want to drive a car with a sequential gearbox using an H-shifter , but I guess that's your choice. Have you tried unbinding the shift up and down buttons, leaving just the H-shifter bindings?

15. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    after more than 4 years, removing h shifter for all cars is a major back step.
    it doesn't change anything for paddles users they can't understand.
    instead of adding features they have removed one.
    on this point no way to call this evolution.
    if it's for realism, just remove paddles for H cars. i don't want to race DTM 92 online with my H shifter against players using paddles or Seq shifter.
    that's realism.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I mean, I use H-shifter... but have never used it in cars that dont have an H-pattern box.

How does it make any sense to do that?

Already discussed. Point is wholly invalid.

You cannot remove the ability for someone to use certain content.

Anyways, this change likely wont be around forever. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I think it is a major leap forward.

18. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    don-t worry i know someone who can add this feature again.
    ask on dirt 4 forum for Anton :)
    what it has done can be done again ;)
    i will post youtube video for h shifter user ;)
    or just follow Anton Vit on youtube

19. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    It could be implemented as an option for private servers as in Assetto corsa.

20. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    i will post videos for h shifter user who want to race all cars with H shifter.