What confirmed tracks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skybird, May 30, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    This is not a wish list, please, do not post what tracks you wish to come in the future, there are other threads for that.

I ask for confirmed info on what tracks are confirmed to be developed, and what info is known on rough time tables, in what quarters it is planned to have them ready (I know - plans... :) )

I know there is Shanghai teased in the other forum. 3rd or 4th quarter 2015?

I know that a laserscanned Nordschleife is announced. Any info on its time table?

Spa is announced, too, I think. Is it handcrafted or laserscanned? And when - still this year?

Short time ago, Brands Hatch GP was explained to not be covered by their license. Is it intended to go for that one in the future?

That is all I recall to have read about planned track projects. Is anything more known?

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This thread should have you covered with the info you seek. :p

Basically Macau which was just teased and I believe confirmed a while back, and Paul Ricard.

As for when they'll come out... Im pretty sure the devs said a while back that Shanghai should be "soon." I would definitely guess it wont be long. Probably some time at the beginning of summer? I would guess the same for Macau. It's part of the WTCC calendar, so Im sure the devs wont want to release those tracks too long after they release the WTCC 2014 car pack. As for Spa and Paul Ricard, perhaps a while longer than the first two mentioned as those havent had as many teasers or been mentioned a whole lot yet.

As for laser scanned tracks, Im pretty sure only the Nords is/will be, as S3 purchased the laser scan data from a company as they mentioned in the recent stream. All the other tracks are hand crafted based on a variety of data. Sometimes reference pics from being on location, CAD data, along with a whole host of other information sources.

3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I believe they said both the WTCC content and Shanghai would be loaded in with the patch and are just awaiting the OK from WTCC to sell them.

4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Silverstone was confirmed in a previous dev stream.

5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    So, Macau and Silverstone are added to my mental note list. Thank you.

No word on the Nordschleife timetable? Honestly said, beside Spa it is the only track that I really really would consider myself to be eager to get. My other real "want-haves" already are included in the sim, Shanghai I simply hate by its terrible track layout (not your fault, Sector3!) that seems to come right out of a toy shop, and Silverstone I have driven to tiny bits of pieces in AC by now. I am extremely curious to compare the visual style of Sector3's laser-Nord to that by Kunos. As I said, by visual/artist style, I now like R3E better than AC. It looks all more vivid at the tracksides, less sterile, more atmospheric.

Laserscan data is nice if available, but I like the visual track design style of R3E so much now, that I see laserdata as a must for Nordschleife only indeed, due to the very many individual surface conditions in various parts of that long track - hard to replicate all that by hand only.

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    In the Dev-stream it was mentioned that there is no Release-Date fixed for the Nordschleife. The Pictures and the small Video shown was "early" WIP-material. At the moment they are working on the elevation of the Track. The Video shows the WTCC 14 Cruze @ Flugplatz I think - the behavior of the car at that section looks really very close to what we've seen from this year WTCC-Race there.

If it wouldn't need to much time, maybe something like a regular updated Dev-Diary for the Nordschleife would be interesting for the Community and shows the progress in how to Build a track in R3E. In addition it might shorten the waiting time for it :) @J-F Chardon @Alex Hummler

• Like Like x 1
  7. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I'm sure there will be regular updates on the progress on the Nordschleife!

• Like Like x 5