What FPS do you run Raceroom at?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eugen Sechel, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Eugen Sechel

Eugen Sechel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

I was watching a video the other day and the guy said he saw a massive improvement when switching from a 60Hz monitor to a 120Hz monitor and over 100 FPS. Some people seem to even recommend 200!

My PC runs Raceroom nicely and faithfully at ~45-60 FPS. For me it seems enough, but then again my monitor can't handle more than 60Hz anyway.

How much do you guys get and how do you feel it influences your driving?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I have all ingame settings maxed out and due to my triple screens at 60Hz, the game runs at 60fps. (vsync is turned on in the nVidia settings) For me a good and smooth experience. I never have seen games running on a 144Hz screen so I can’t tell if 144Hz is a game changer. I can’t afford 144Hz triple screens. I’m totally happy with my current setup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I use only 1 screen (60 hz tv) almost everything maxed out and vsync on in nvidia control panel and i have a smooth 60 fps.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i use single widescreen 34" 21:9 with 144Hz G-Sync (there's also an overclocking-mode for 165Hz).

So yeah with G-sync enabled it's pretty much just wonderful. But you shouldn't activate V-Sync because G-sync then doesn't lock with your framerates. I easily reach the 144 fps, in training without other cars even more.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly my setup, too. Have to run 8x AA plus FXAA because of my display only being full HD. Even reduced the TV's sharpness and get a very nice and natural looking picture. Framerates are around 50 to 100 depending on the track and amount of other cars around me. For the Vsync... I never noticed any difference having it on or off. So I keep on going without vsync since my eyes like it a lot, seeing higher framerates shown by the steam overlay - even though my brain knows that my screen is only capable of presenting me just 60 :rolleyes:

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I run a single screen setup with v-sync and get a solid 60fps. Very slight dip at starts maybe but that's all. My PC can run higher fps but with v-sync off I get slight stuttering now and again which I just can't stand.