What happens with Aston Martin in R3E?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by m.bohlken, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Jay I cannot even imagine your phone bill and how stressful the job of licensing manager is. If I can ask one or two questions and if they're not able to be answered due to agreements, then that's fine with me.

When you all want to put a new car into the game, is the car made then presented to the licensing company and they agree to a fee and sign off on it or do you first approach the company before any work is done?

Does each licensing deal have to be redone for each car and series yearly or is it a blanket license for each series?
    Are some of the series and car manufacturers easier to deal with than others? No names just curious.

Again, totally understand if you can't answer these, but I'm just curious.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Really depends, but normal procedure is to license first and the develop, otherwise you run the risk of developing a car that you may never be able to release.

Industry standard is 3-5 year per car model/license. And to clarify the 2011 BMW Z4 GT3 and the later version of the BM Z4 GT3 are separate licenses, same with the new and the old audi etc etc.

Yes

• Informative Informative x 6
  3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Jay you rock!!! Thanks for spending a lot of time on the phones to get us some great cars and tracks!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Well its not just me doing this stuff, we are a team and we help each other out when needed and where possible, so lets extend your thanks to the whole team!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely. Thanks to the entire S3S team. If you want I'm happy to call Ferrari as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    If licensing wasn't an issue and money would grow on trees, what 3 dream cars (can be old) would you love to put in the sim? @Jay Ekkel