What steering wheel shall i go for?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kotten33, Feb 14, 2021.

1. kotten33

kotten33 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I am planning to replace my old G25 wheel with something else.

Where can i see what wheels that Raceroom support? I want to buy as much standard wheel as possible so it can be used with most of the games out there.

Suggestions?

2. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    G29 would be a safe bet if you liked you G25.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kotten33

kotten33 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Dont really understand, is the G29 and G920 the same wheel except from the compability with PS4 and Xbox?

4. kotten33

kotten33 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Is the G923 "overkill"

5. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Well, if you want something else, then I'd definitely not go for a G29 since internally it's still roughly the same as the G27. So besides some more buttons, not much of an upgrade, in my eyes.
    After a Logitech Momo force, a G27 and a Thrustmaster TMX I now have a T300 with the round Alcantara rim, and the open wheeler rim. It provides a very nice, smooth and quiet ffb for a reasonable price. Not too fancy or powerful, but a very solid solution. And, of course compatible with every title that supports wheel input.

Oli

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. kotten33

kotten33 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This is strange, on the RR site it does not say that G29 or newer is not supported.

upload_2021-2-14_22-39-41.png

Attached Files:

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    That would quite possibly be the most pointless upgrade ever, since it's practically the same wheel. Better off saving the money and keeping the G25 unless there's something wrong with it, or go for a genuinely better wheel.

I'm with Beef. I went from a G27 to a T300 and it's a nice upgrade. Not overly expensive, a hell of a lot smoother and quieter than the G-series, and supports different rims if you're so inclined. (I just have the stock GT wheel.) I did however keep my G27 pedals as they're far better than the crappy TM pedals that come with the T300.

The other option would be to just go with the best you can comfortably afford. Most sims support all the major wheels these days, so compatibility shouldn't be a major problem. Getting a T300 just because someone on a forum said so seems a bit silly if you have the spare cash to afford the latest DD wheel, or something else a lot better.

Yeah but when was that last updated? Last year? Last decade? They've added support for loads of wheels over the years, and I know people who use G29s so it's definitely supported.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
  9. kotten33

kotten33 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It is nothing wrong with it, have not used it for 5 years so it it literally as new.

10. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    stick with what you have.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I bought a ts300 7 years ago and after 1300 hours it`s still going strong. I think it`s a massive improvement on the G25 I had before that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1