What tyre model is raceroom on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loki-D, Jul 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Don't underestimate Pacejka, it's a very well regarded tyre model (not just used for sims) that does a very good job of describing tyre behaviour under normal conditions. Using it as a BASE for a sim tyre is a very good place to start. Other tyre models that are more complex have the problem that they are more complex....it's something that has to be computed on the fly.... A very detailed physical model would need to have several assumptions in order to make it viable and it's in the assumption where they often fall apart. The much lauded iracing model being a good example of that. If you want a bit of light reading regarding Pacejka Vs other models....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAJegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw14AOVyspynCdk3Crn4x12-

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure AC doesn't use a "physical" tyre model.

3. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    It's possible... but I don't think it uses Pacejka either. It's probably something else that Stefano came up with.
    Either way tyre models and their complexity are less important to me than the end result, hence why Automobilista is still my favourite despite the old/simple model.