Question What with people's Profiles

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Notice that people's profiles are on and off the last few weeks. I like keeping up with people's stats.

Thanks

"Nash"
    Profile Mukonin.jpg

2. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Even my own profile doesn't load correctly. It take a looooong time loading (showing the circles) and then the info is missing like in the screenahot above. Something seems to be broken.

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    SchlesiM, It's slow here also. I thought I was in the game alot until I saw some of these people's stats.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I have the same issue.

5. Violental

Violental New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same problem for me since a few days. any comments from Sector3 about this???... Thanks.

6. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I like to see driver's stats. I feel that I heard about a year ago that RRE was going to redo the profile page some day.

"Nash"

7. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Maybe someone's playing (far cry) with it to see if anyone would miss or care about people's stats or profile.

"Nash"

8. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I would like to know. What would you like to see on the profile page if you had a say? For me, I would like to see driver's stats & news about sim racing, about our weekly races, who won, who crashed and burn, surprising upsets etc (promote the winners & races more) (driver's like fame) promote the excitement of races and being a driver. It would promote RRE more I believe. New products coming out on the market. Links to videos. Something to read to stay engaged etc in Raceroom more. I know RRE is trying to promote there products but not so much space taking up the profile page.

"Nash"

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  9. Pedro Garrido

Pedro Garrido New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    TambiƩn tengo el mismo problema

10. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmm, somehow it's not the best marketing for a racing platform if you go to it's website (https://game.raceroom.com/), see that they're claiming to be used by famous drivers and then click on one of the examples on the main page (e.g. Timo Glock) - just to realize they had driven 0.0km in R3E and that most infos are simply missing o_O (after a loooooong time of loading - ehm - no data).

BTW: even the "real tracks"-section topic on the website seems to be broken. I just see a "loading"-animation. I assume a video should be there instead.

I just wanted to recommend R3E to some family members. But in the current state this website doesn't look too convincing.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  11. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    SchlesiM, Dev's need to fix somethings sure. Me and others have been talking about things they should fix or could be better. Maybe they are short staff or other problems we don't know about or understand (things take time and there priorities). We just take what they give us in hope things get fixed. They just gave us a brand new UI a few months back. My biggest fear is finding only the dreaded 404 death car and Raceroom is gone. I look at it as Raceroom is nothing more than a marketing tool to sell rigs and maybe they are cutting back (times are tuff in the world now). But it is only maybe possible ideas of could be by Nash. But I am open minded of anything could be taking place, if anything. It is still very good in my opinion. I still love the product they put out for the money they ask from us. And the help in sim racing people have given me, is 2nd to none.

"Nash"

12. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    But despite of the (currently) bad shape of the profile and main website pages R3E is (by far) my absolutely preferred racing sim. And IMHO after all the realism, fun and challenge of this title are still more important aspects than those other issues. It gives me a good time over and over again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    All of us that play the game are beta testers, Nash's point of view. And we all should report problems and ask questions in the forum. I know they are reading the forum. But we should give a little patience and understanding in these times of the world.

"Nash"

14. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom is definitely not in beta status IMHO. Absolutely no problems with racing and gameplay.

But they seem to have some server issues at the moment. Should be fixed soon because a great racing title deserves an appropriate presentation.

15. Poing68

Poing68 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also here unfortunately still the same problems! Is this being worked on or will it stay like this now?

16. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0