Bug Wheel always wants to turn right even when stopped

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by jordan underwood, Apr 5, 2019.

1. jordan underwood

jordan underwood New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like the title says, my OSW is constantly pulling right, even when the engine is off in pits. It moves pretty slowly it isn’t like a really bad jerk or anything. I can also feel it pulling to the right the entire time I drive and when turning left, I fell resistance like normal but when turning right in a corner, it feels as if the right side is inverted and it is lightly pulling to the right.

I have tried to change the value in the RCS wheeltemplate and othertemplate that says to turn 11500 to -11500 if the wheel is turning to one side and it doesn’t really help(sorry can’t think of the name of the setting). I have also tried to change many of the jolt settings and steering related settings. Also I’ve changed the in game force feedback settings a lot as well as rotation settings. I’ve found nothing to help. I don’t have the speed sensitive steering setting on either and no other assists.

My next step would be to delete the game and reinstall. I was also wondering if I delete both the wheel RCS files(not sure which one is the main one) if I just verify files in steam properties after deleting will it restore the files? I’m using a Sim-Plicity SW12C and I’ve also fiddled with the settings on it. I am really wanting to purchase the new cars but will hold off until this is solved. Thanks.

2. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Yes, no need to delete and download the whole game again.

You could create a completely new controller profile. Or copy the values from the AccuForce file in your controller profile.

3. jordan underwood

jordan underwood New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the reply. I did create another profile and nothing changed but I will try the AccuForce profile after deleting the controller files. You wouldn’t happen to know which file is the one would you? There is a wheel or controller RCS file and an other RCS file.

4. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    You can find the AccuForce profile in:

\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet\AccuForce.rcs

5. Gareth Rowlands

Gareth Rowlands New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm having the same problem with my wheel (sw12 compact). Slighty pulls to the right. Also My ffb cuts off when transitioning to practice, quality, race ect. I have to assign a key to the "Reset ffb" option and tap it about 5 times before the FFB kicks back in. This doesn't get rid of the "pulling right" problem though.

Very strange and dont have this problem with any other sim.

Tried deleting controllers ect. But to no avail.

6. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    My Accuforce started doing this after the last update, sit in pits and it will slowly turn all the way to the right lock,haven't noticed it affect cornering though.

7. Gareth Rowlands

Gareth Rowlands New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This happens stationary in pit but also while driving. Managed to dial it down a little but it's still there.
    I put up with it for abit but after playing AC and noticing the capability of this wheel I need it working in r3e properly. surely theres some sort of fix?