Problem wheel calibration?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by yusupov, May 24, 2015.

1. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    i started R3E w/ an XB1 pad plugged in & got a popup saying it had been detected, i clicked not to create a profile for it. when i went to race my g27 is no longer calibrated properly (not sure if related), my inputs in a gt3 car resulted in an input of 2x that in game.

when i went to look at the options i could turn it only 90 degrees left & right before it was limited by the game.

ive had this problem before but cant recall how i resolved it, does anyone know how to calibrate steering or will creating a new profile work?

2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    if you have hands enabled in game rotation is limited to 90 deg but that is just graphical if you disable hands it should work fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    thanks, i dont have hands enabled tho, wheel only

4. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    in the sim btw i have more degrees, its only in the control setup screen that i have 90 each way. but in-sim its half of whatever it should be set to.

5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    if i remember correctly their are buttons on the shifter or something that change max rotation. i don't have a G27 so i cant remember the combination.

6. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    i figured it out, just had to delete & recreate a profile & it was detected properly again

• Like Like x 1
  7. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    guh. happened again w/ latest update... would really like to see a wheel calibration option. game thinks i only have 540 deg wheel, set to 900 in profiler. tried deleting & making a new one but not even sure how that worked as the default thinks i have 540 deg too right now

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    check that, i restarted & now its 180 degrees...never had a problem like this w/ other software. any other ideas??

edit -- just turned off allow game to adjust settings in the profiler for now, seems to work fine

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  9. Robes

Robes New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is a bug that has existed for a while in race room. If you are using a G27 you must disable "Allow game to adjust settings" in the profiler in order to get more than 180 degrees of rotation. I had hoped it would be fixed in the last patch, are the devs aware of the issue?

10. MikeJenkins

MikeJenkins New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Make sure you have the correct Logitech software installed (32-bit for 32-bit windows, etc).
    Windows auto-calibrates the G27 at 180 degrees so you need the profiler to set at 900. R3E then auto-adjusts according to car.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Robes

Robes New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have the correct software and you still need to uptick the "allow game to adjust the settings" box. There is definitely a bug there.

12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Similar issue with DFGT, but only with WTCC 14 so far guess both times when getting online:
    I always do the procedure (after last fix I can start RRE with wheel connected btw.) deactivating Logitech Software ingame but nevertheless the rotation range/steering lock is screwed with the car behaving totally nervous as if steering with a controller - actually impossible to drive *damn*. Looking into Taskmanager the Profiler is not displayed/running in the background (how it should be) but it feels like its active & interfering ....was just starting with a good grid at Macau and spun directly by slightly steering to the right - totally weird - :( ....anyone else encoutered this ?

13. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    @Fairman: I have the same problem. The last days I drove project cars and I thought that I should play R3E. *lol*
    I drive GTR2 and ADAC GT Masters 2014 the audi and the cars are very nervous by steering to right or left. No fun to drive R3E.
    In the settings I have nothing change.

Könnte kotzen, wenn`s so bleibt nix mit FREE WEEKEND... :mad::D

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  14. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    having this issue again, now using a thrustmaster TX, initially when i go to controls i have 900 degrees, but when i start a race it drops to 540 (what its supposed to auto-adjust to for the car im using) & stays there until a restart the program.

if its unclear when it 'adjusts' to 540 the ingame wheel rotates significantly faster than mine, which is now locked at 540 degrees.

15. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    every god damn update. and i never remember how i resolved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. R. Kipker

R. Kipker New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm having the same problem... S3 please add in game calibration... my wheel keeps locking in at 420 degrees rotation

17. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    be good if every one who has an issue , actually takes the time to put there specs; pc and controller hardware in there signature as although the sun shines out of my bum and i am all seeing and omnipotent sometimes i get bored trying to guess what you own ...

fluff and noodles

Andi

( suffering from a post christmas over active sarcasm gland)

18. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    You don't have a problem, the game sets the degrees depending what car you drive.

19. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    So I've been hit by this, deleting and remaking my profiles is not working. Did anyone ever come up with a solution? My G27spins around and locks at 180 degree rotation when the game starts up, wheel set to 900 degrees in game, and I can see the wheel not matching my physical movements at all.

Edit: Tested with the let game adjust settings ticket off in both R3E's profile aswell as the general settings.

Edit 2: Using the G27's buttons to set the degrees of rotation I was able to get the 360, 540, 720, 900 degrees to work in game. Game still defaults to 180 though.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  20. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    In car setup menu you can adjust wheel lock and rotation, have you adjusted that, it will save it for every car.

• Agree Agree x 1