Problem wheel calibration?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by yusupov, May 24, 2015.

1. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's sadly not working. Sorry for not making that clear. Game locks me at 180 degrees no matter the car.

Tried with or without my Edtracker, no change.

Edit: Tried rebooting, new R3E profile in the profiler, tried running without the profiler. Game still locks wheel at 180 degrees. Have the feeling I'm missing something trivial but I can't for the live of me figure it out. Tried other sims and wheel works fine.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    are you running the profiler?... does it start on computer startup?

3. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I've tried with and without the profiler, tried making a new profile. Profiler starts with windows, tried closing it and then starting it manually.

It's wierd, never had this issue before. Pretty convinced I'm missing something obvious but I have no idea what. As I mentioned before tried some other sims and they all work fine.

4. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Did you check your wheel in the components panel of windows?
    By default the DFGT is registered there with 200 degrees for example.

5. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Yes, again, I tried it with other sims and it registers the full 900 degrees, heck it does that right till the point I click past the first ad screen, at the main menu the wheel will spin around ( if it's at a rotation beyond 180 ) and lock at 180.

Edit: But keep'em comming, like I said, it's probably something daft on my end. =)

6. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Same here, so i'm using the dfgt with 200 degrees.
    This is the only way i've found to get it working in R3E with 1 on 1 ratio.
    Default setup in windows panel (which is 200 degrees) and 200 degrees too in car's setup.
    If i don't do that the dfgt rotation does not match the wheel in game.

By the way there is no wheel setup for each car in multiplayer mode so it does not work in mp.

7. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Your DFGT has 900 degree rotation so you should be able to set it to 900 in the profiler, and 900 in game using "wheel only" and still have 1 to 1. That's what I had before with my g27, now I'm at 180 on the wheel and 900 visual in game which makes a minor move on my part turn the wheel like mad in game. It also makes it next to impossible to drive since I'm not used to ( and have no plans getting used to ) driving with only 180 degrees of rotation.

I'm guessing it's on my end since if a patch broke something for all g27 users I'd imagine this forum to be in an uproar. =)

8. sarco

sarco Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
  9. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    ... I swear it's like noone reads my posts.

Edit: Again, deleted profiles, redid setups etc. Profiler working fine for all sims ( AC, Dirt Rally, Stock Car Extreme, Project Cars ) besides R3E. R3E has worked before.

Seeing as I'm home sick I may just aswell reinstall R3E and see if that does the trick.

10. sarco

sarco Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I have used that setting in all my Racing games, since GTL & GTR2
    This have been working great for me with Logitech Driving Force Pro & Logitech G25 - G27

Good Luck

11. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I have no idea why you would, but more power to you. For myself, I will stick to trying to get back my 900 degrees of rotation with the soft lock for cars.

But thanks.

12. sarco

sarco Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I have some kind of an option integrated in the Wheel (by pushing a few buttons together) I can also there decide if I want 200 or 900 degree turn on the wheel - Select, R3 and Downshift on Triptronic gearbutton....

13. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Please read the thread Sarco. I appreciate you trying to help but I've already covered this.

14. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Reinstalling the game on my system drive fixed the issue.

Thanks for trying NLO but that wasn't my issue. =)

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    So here is what i understood today about wheel setup :

1- you have to setup the wheel rotation for each car.
    2- you have to restart R3E to make applied the changes.
    3- the wheel rotation in game (cockpit) is always the same and different for each car. The rotation that you define is for your wheel only.

For example the wheel of the Nissan GTR has a 160 degrees rotation in the cockpit whatever you set for your wheel in the car setup section.So if you want a 1 to 1 ratio between the real wheel and the wheel into the cockpit, you have to set a 160 degrees rotation.

Same for the Audi R8. The rotation is about 340 degrees and if you don't set this value you will not see a 1 to 1 ratio compare to your wheel.

Now i wonder if IRL the wheel rotation is really 160 degrees for a Nissan GTR or if this is a bug.

16. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Don't know for sure, but the GT's have 540°/23 lock (car set up menu). So if you go to the vehicle settings and set the virtual wheel at 540° they match.
    Best you can do is turn the virtual wheel off, it's only confusing

17. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    By default the Nissan or the Audi have 600 degrees (ADAC 2013) but the wheel into the cockpit has a rotation of about 160 degrees for the Nissan and about 340 for the Audi.

Yes, to turn off the virtual wheel helps if you don't want to be confused.

18. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    it's easy setting the virtual at 600 also

19. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    You can't set the virtual wheel.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Yves Denis

Yves Denis Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hello Rodent,
    I'm not sure to understand you.
    Your problem is that you can see the wheel ingame locked to 180°, or is that your G27 you can only turn to 180°?