Problem Wheel Not being detected in R3E (LT DFGT)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by cmwontner, May 3, 2018.

1. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    All good info there...The only thing I haven't tried is the corrupt game file check.. i am familiar with it though, thanks bud... I will try now

2. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE.
    Now fixed. Was a Steam Beta update issue. Removed myself from Steam Beta Participation and Steam rolled back to the last official version. Thereafter, devices were immediately seen in game. Phew!

I've just experienced the exact same issue but with my Fanatec wheel, pedals etc and it's applicable to all sims, not just R3E.

Everything was working perfectly yesterday.

And like you, all devices and inputs are seen and recognised in the desktop Game Profiler (Fanatec) profiler, Crew Chief etc. I've also changed USB ports and updated to the latest Fanatec drivers and firmware but no joy.

I'm stuck!!!

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    @cmwontner are you using the Steam beta client by chance? Lots of people are reporting that Steam beta is horrendously broken if you have a steering wheel.

Definitely a good suggestion above to take a look if you are in the beta.

4. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I did make sure the beta testing option is unchecked (and already is) so that is not my problem.. This issue is specific only to my win 7 pc and is still persisting but thanks for your suggestion

5. Edward Gonzales

Edward Gonzales New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm suffering the same issue and it started w/ an XBOX controller last thing I remember not having my wheel plugged in and starting up Steam w/ just the 360 caused serious issues. I haven't played RRE in months. Every other Steam title is detecting my G25 and Win 7 X64 is too. I can even start raceroom from profiler but no detection. If I'm not mistaken those devs aren't supporting older wheels or their drivers (I think). If anyone has any ideas other than what's listed in this forum please help..or attach a support link to these degenerates at simbin, I put a lot of money into this title. Thanks!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
  7. Edward Gonzales

Edward Gonzales New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A degen is a gaming gambler..in a sense. Yes up to date. I've "dealt" w/ Sector's customer service and it was very poor (no solution) try a fresh install! In other rotation frustration a re-install of profiler usually solves wheel issues most cases. I have about 5 other popular sim titles all work fine, even older titles not Steam related are working great. RaceRoom...not detecting. Do you have the solution? I appreciate the link but like I said "other than whats listed in this forum." :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  8. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, sorry, that was the only thing what comes in my mind by logitech/no detection in raceroom

Hoping, that another one has some ideas.

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    even if its not detected , can you bind it in the controller settings ?

Andi

10. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Problem solved the steam controller settings were overriing or conflicting to fix this I went in to steam > settings > conroller > general and unchecked support for all controller types and is now working... bloody steam controller support!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    @cmwontner Thanks a lot for sharing your findings and sollution for that issue. Good to know for future reference.
    Could you please change the thread flag to resolved? (You can do that by clicking "edit thread title")

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018