Question Wheel Range N/A , Fanatec CSL PS4.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Bernd H., Dec 3, 2017.

1. Bernd H.

Bernd H. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4, and in the Car Steering Setup i could not see or set the Wheel Range of the current Car, it says N/A.

I have no Problem to set the Wheel Range myself for each Car, it goes pretty quick with the Fanatec settings on the Wheel.
    But at least the Standard Values for the Standard Wheel Range and Steering lock should be visible on this Screen.
    So that i know what Degrees I should set up on my wheel.
    I don´t want to try it out with every Car, or choose the Degree which feels ok for me,
    I want to drive with the Original/Standard Wheel Range and Steering Lock which the Real Cars have.

This should not be so hard to do, the values should already be there, just make it visible on the Screen please, instead of writing " N/A".
    Or is there somewhere a List of the Wheel Range for each Car?

2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    That's strange.
    Is your wheel recognized by the game? And is the wheel base up to date?

Most cars have a wheel range of 540 degrees (eg GTR3), I think. Formula Raceroom X-17 is 450 degrees. Which car class would you like to know?

3. Bernd H.

Bernd H. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the latest Driver and Firmware(v 293) .
    As far as i know, there is no Profile for the "CSL Elite PS4", only for the older CSL Elite (for XBOX and PC).

I have to make my own Profile. Or have this changed with the latest Patch?
    The CSL Elite and the CSL Elite PS4, have not exaktly the same Wheel Base(as far as i know).

I have also seen other comments, that the Wheel range is not recongnized for the CSL PS4 , so this is not only on my end.

I want know to know to Wheel Range for every Car in R3E....
    I have not driven every Car in R3E yet.
    Yes, i know the Degrees for GTR 3(540) or DTM 1992(900) Cars which i use most,
    but when i drive a new Car, i will not guessing around or asking in the Forum for the Wheel Range.

Or does all Cars have either 900 or 540 Degrees?
    I have no Idea... and thats the Reason i would like to have this Information in the Wheel Settings.

4. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
  5. Bernd H.

Bernd H. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, i am always in PC Mode(Red button), i don´t have a Playstation, i use it only on PC.
    The Wheel is working fine, only the "automatic Wheel range " is not working.
    And it has no "Standard Profile".
    i have just tested it again, I have delete my Profiles, and after starting R3E ---> no standard Profile found,
    i have to make a custom one... and still N/A at Wheel Range in the Wheel Settings in Car Setup

6. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Set the wheel to 540 in game and use 14 for steering rack settings in most cars. You will need 16 for the steering rack to make the hairpin at Macau and you will still need all the width of the track.

Try this for your wheel:
    Wheel settings:
    Sens 048
    FF 060
    sho 100
    abs off
    Dri -04
    for 110
    spr 110
    dpr 110

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  7. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the CSL Elite PS4 isn't fully supported by raceroom.

I've asked @J-F Chardon on twitter to help us out. There is a workaround which I've posted here in another thread which works, but it's really only a workaround.
    Hoping that this Wheel get some Sector3 love. The PS4 edition is not only a PS4 steering wheel, it's a in all ways better version of the normal CSL wheel. I think, that Sector3 has not seen this yet.

Hoping for the devs now.

Edit: My workaround
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/wheel-range-says-n-a.2909/page-2#post-134974

8. Bernd H.

Bernd H. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thanks for your Info. I did not know about the " steering_wheel.xml"
    I have now added my Wheel to the steering_wheels.xml ,and now the Wheel Range is working properly
    I can see the Degrees now , so my Problem is solved

9. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I've made some progress in tuning the FFB that doubles the amount of track detail without the canned effects getting out of hand.
    It seems there were two notable items that were causing issues. The first has to manually edited with a text editor, so I can post my control set .RCS file if needed. It's located here: C:\Users\Bubba\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet.
    The FFB Jolt magnitude setting defaults to 2.0 when creating a new profile using the in game setup wizard that has you select wheel, keyboard or joystick. This is too high for the Elite PS4 wheel. Change it to 1.3 and save without changing the file type.

The second thing I found was the "percentage from steering rack" setting makes a huge difference with our wheel and should be set to "0" as the highers setting makes the feeling washed out like a dead fish. My new settings are now giving the detailed feel the Fanatec is capable of by eliminating "smoothing" and increasing the FEI in the wheelbase from my old 50% setting to 80%. Some of my setting are the same or lower than my previous posts, but they are un-filtered and combine with a higher gain in the wheelbase.

These are my new settings:
    CSL Elite PS4.
    I needed combined pedals for another game, so I set that in the driver w/ firmware 335 with rotation at 540 in driver.
    In RRE I had to select each axis manually and the steering had to be turned more than 1 full rotation to be sensed by the game.

For RRE I have these settings:
    FFB on
    Inverted on
    G Rumble off
    FFI 55
    smooth 0
    spring 0
    damper 0
    FF Settings:
    SFI 100
    minimum 0
    understeer 40
    vert 30
    Lat. 80
    rack 0

FFB Effect:
    slip 40
    Engine 0
    Kerb 18
    shift 17

Wheel settings:
    Sens 048
    FF 063 (up to 70 as needed)
    sho 100
    abs off
    Dri -04
    for 100
    spr 100
    dpr 100
    FEI 80 (90 if it doesn't rattle)
    in game shows these:
    steering
    min 101
    Max 299
    gas 50
    brake 50

10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Will try this. I don't have an CSL but an CSW v2.5 and I having problem finding any road feel in Raceroom.

11. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    With the clubsport 2.5 you may also have to change the entry in the control set that reads
    FFB steer force balance mode="4"
    change it to
    FFB steer force balance mode="1"

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    At a closer look, I have already tested those settings. My conclusion after much testing is that there is`nt much road feel in Raceroom.

Using Lausitz start/end straight for testing. It is pretty bumpy. There is a black line at the end of the straight as i use as reference.

If i set Vertical Load to 40% this line feels as i think it would i irl. If i increase VL this line feels to much, unreal. So i can`t go higher and the track detail i can feel at 40% is very subtile.
    Line.jpg
    Line 40.jpg
    Full speed at straight.
    Road 40.jpg

As i wrote, i can`t go higher. But just to see how it looks at 400%
    I lost the wheel when crossing the line...
    Line 400 .jpg
    Full speed at straight.
    road 400 .jpg

So...this line is (by far) the largest detail on Lausitz.

13. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You have a Fanatec CSW v2.5?
    With the third picture, you mean that you had heavy clipping when crossing the black line at 400%?

14. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Yes (i guess you mean the fourth picture)

15. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
  16. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    how can i help you?

17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    I don't think you can help me.. But if you want, read my post above and tell me if you come to the same conclusion.

18. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    It appears that a Johnny needs a Clubsport specific FFB setup. My CSL Elite PS4 seting are showing a very different FFB level. Even though Fanatec has said they both have the new 1000 mhz main board, they act very differently. Mine has some light clipping and the FFB meter is very active.

Johnny, did you try editing the FFB balance mode? it completely changes the math calculations.

19. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    hm i have set the minimum ffb to zero, in my opinion i have a good feel about my car. When i have time i share my settings...

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    @Eddie Ellis i will try some more with the balance mode.

@Tarik Userli I have good force feedback i can feel the car, that's not the problem. It's the lack of road details i miss.

You have one of those wheels with motors in it, right?