Question Wheel Range says N/A

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by shovas, Sep 17, 2015.

1. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Darn. Any chance we can get a default/fallback configuration for these kinds of things?

2. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    What degrees setting does R3E "think" it has when it says N/A? I'm okay for now setting steering locks but if I don't know what R3E thinks it's getting then I'm not sure what steering lock to put. For example, GT-esq 15:1 is steering lock 18 at 540degrees but it requires much more rotation of the wheel to get it turn as much as I would expect in other games. Another example, my AF is 900 degrees so I set 30 steering lock to also get 15:1 but it feels tighter than I would expect from other games (ie. only a little wheel rotation causes more turning than I expect).

Thanks

@

3. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    If the game doesn't know the range of your steering wheel it uses a default wheel range that is set on a per car basis. We might make the game write that value out instead of "N/A", so that players still can see what range is being used.

Edit:
    Although, if you have used another (fully supported) wheel previously the game will have saved any changes you've made to the wheel ranges on the cars with that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Logitech products are already supported so there's no need to send us your Momo. The reason that you're seeing N/A in the Car Setup screen for your wheel range is that the Momo only supports a wheel range of 270. As it cannot be changed the game will not allow you to change it in this menu (thus showing it as N/A).

However, as stated in my previous post we will consider making the game display the wheel range that is being used so that it does not look like a bug!

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Ok i have now a t500 and no issues, it was just a helping hand from me ;)

6. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    That's interesting; thanks for the explanation! I always thought if a wheel isn't supported and N/A is shown the wheel range is set to a very high level or infinite and the combination of wheel range in the wheels profiler/software and steering lock is being used.

So this means, if I set the wheel to 900° and the lock to 36 when driving a GMT car, the lock is instead applied to the 540° standard setting for that car, resulting in an odd behavior?

7. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    What does the game think the physical wheel degrees of rotation is? Or does it matter to the game? I ask because if R3E thinks my AF is a 540deg wheel (when it's actually in a 900deg configuration) then my steering locks will be incorrect.

So, even if we know what the car's wheel rotation is, if we don't know what R3E thinks the physical wheel rotation is then we still don't know how to set steering locks.

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    As far as I understood it, it will assume the physical range is the same as the one set for the car.

9. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Ah, hopefully that's it. Crossing my fingers S3 will just put all this in configuration files even for unknown devices.

10. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Hannes, sorry for grabbing here.
    I've tried that yesterday for my CSL Elite PS4 (this isn't already known in Raceroom....)

If I add my wheel to the steering_wheel.xml properly the game won't start anymore.

The only thing which works was not to add my wheel to this xml but to change the device ID from the CSW V2 to the device ID from my CSL Elite PS4. Then go to gamedata/steeringsets (as I have it right in my head) and cahnge there the rcs file from the CSW V2.5, too to my device ID.

I don't really know if it's the right way. It works. Hopefully I could help with this information someone other.

But: Isn't it possible to get a correct profile for this device from Sector3? Thougt that the CSL PS4 is one of Fanatecs most selling product now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Can you tell us the device ID of the PS4 wheel? Thanks @FormelLMS

12. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Of course, @J-F Chardon :)

DeviceName[00]="FANATEC CSL Elite Wheel Base PlayStation 4"
    DeviceId[00]="(331447, 12, 8, 0)"
    Range 90 - 1080 degrees

It has the same hardware as the CSW V2.5 but has another gear ratio. So a bit less power but a bit faster with that and 1080 degrees, not 900

Hoping that will help.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  13. Bernd H.

Bernd H. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have also tried to add the Wheel to steering_wheel.xml , and for me it works.
    Game started normal, and the Wheel Degrees are shown correctly in the Steering Setup

i have added

<key type="uint32">331447</key> <!-- Fanatec CSL ElitePS4 -->
    <value>
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">true</vendorSpecificRangeLock>
    <minWheelRange type="uint32">90</minWheelRange>
    <maxWheelRange type="uint32">1080</maxWheelRange>
    </v

to the steering_wheel.xml.

14. boban666

boban666 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello.I have problem with my G25. I can not setup wheel range.I can see only the inscription "N/A" in any cars. I use latest G25 drivers for my wheel and W10 64bit. Any ideas. Thx for help