Problem Wheel rotation changes during race - G27

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rella, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    thought there was already a thread about this issue but couldn't find it.
    For quite a long time I didn't have this issue any more but now it occurs again and I'm very happy that it was in the middle of the virtual championship race losing the 9th position at this time :confused:
    Suddenly the wheel rotation changed during the race and I had to turn the wheel much more and hardly could keep the car on track.
    I did a complete new installation from scratch of the OS, Steam, Logitech driver and downloaded R3E and did a clean install after I changed my hardware. No backup config files or anything. In the past I thought it's maybe the old Asus board or Bios but now everything is new and the issue occurs again. The G27 is connected to one of the first USBs directly connected with the mainboard. I have Win7 64 with the 64bit Logitech software and set the rotation to 900°. I start R3E through right click on Steam and the Logitech profiler starts in the background. Everything went nice, practice, quali, but around minute 15 in the race the rotation changed.
    The ffb was still there so I guess ALT+F wouldn't solve the issue but I didn't think about that during the exciting race and switched finally after struggling one lap to the desktop. There I just opened the Logitech profiler and switched back to the game. After this the rotation was ok. Seems like there is a kind of reset or loss of connection.
    Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

2. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue a few months ago but only in DTM. My G27 became extremly sensitive. So it's the opposite of your problem. I reduced the FFB to 80 ingame. I don't know the value of the Logitech profiler but it should be around 100. After that the error didn't occur but i'm actually not driving DTM.
    Maybe this is because FFB in DTM is very heavy compared to other cars/series and the G27 can't cope this heavy FFB.

3. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I didn't write it clearly. The ffb stayed the same but the wheel range or angle changed. I don't know what is the standard in Dtm but if I had 540º then it changed to 900º as I had to turn my wheel almost the double amount. Maybe the profiler overwrote the automatic wheelrange? I deleted the game profile as I read some threads that the specific profile could cause such problems in other games.

4. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Had this issue in Race07 a few weeks ago, but that was due to a error massage of the nvidia driver. At least I'm quite sure that it happened due to the error massage. Driver reinstall and problem was gone.

Unfortunately that probably won't help you with your problem. :confused:

5. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Not really as I have an Amd GPU. Fyi - I didn't have any lags or timewarps and in the race video my car looks fine. I expected lag issues and got this issue instead. ;-)

6. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My wheel rotation change from 540° to 180° or something like that. I only wanted to mention that the reason for this could be too heavy FFB ;)

7. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Had the same issue now during a SP race when exiting to the options menu and returning to the game. This time I started the game from the logitech profiler. Doesn't make any difference it seems. I even downloaded the profiler once more and reinstalled the drivers as admin. Any idea?

8. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I found it is an issue with the Logitech profiler not raceroom for me the fix is to simply leave all the settings at their default in the profiler and edit them in the game. I have a drivingforce gt. this same thing happens with ever game not just r3e.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    That's why I tried it first without any game specific profile and started R3E directly from the steam client.
    Don't know what else I could try.
    New hardware, new drivers, no old config files, OS and R3E installed from scratch.

Btw. I always wanted to know how the system setup looks like on these Raceroom wheelstands that you can see on competitions and exhibitions etc. and how they start R3E. Because these wheelstands are usually equipped with the G27.

10. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    not just game specific, I mean none whatsoever do the basic calibrate then leave all the setting alone in the profiler.

other than that sorry im no help.

11. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Thanks anyway. I deleted the specific profile and set the global settings to standard. Actually the only thing I changed was to set the profiler to 900°. So I will give it a try

12. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    So, I tried it with the standard logitech profiler, just gloal settings (game is allowed to change settings and 200°).
    I start the game through the R3E desktop icon. The wheel rotation still changes occasionally but now I don't have to turn the wheel more but it's much more sensitive. For me it looks like the automatic wheelrange in game e.g. 540° is overwritten by the value in the profiler. So earlier the 900° where I suddenly had to turn the wheel almost the double range and now the standard 200°. I have no idea what causes this. Weird. It also happens with reduced FFB strength btw.

13. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    strange I wonder if thier is a log file that recored events with the ffb during a race?

14. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Thought this issue was solved but yesterday when switching from qualifying to race in MP the rotation changed again to 900° from the profiler. FFB is quite low and I installed the logitech drivers as Admin and with XP SP2 compatibility after I upgraded to Win10. :confused:

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Now I've had similar in the past but only when I was using Logitech profiler and not allowing game to override but since I let the game do it all I don't seem to get it, now my G27 disconnects/connects at will, I will investigate if it is cable or plug wear asap but I was thinking if your G27 disconnected momentarily maybe this would reset to profilers 900 degrees. Just a laymans thoughts out loud!

16. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    When I plug in or out a device then I get the Windows sound, even at sudden disconnections like mainly in Kies.
    I tried now all system USBs, USB 2 and 3 and also with the extension card had this issue. Somehow I assume there is a kind of background process that overwrites sometimes the automatic wheel range with the value from the profiler. Game is allowed to overwrite driver settings. I guess I will set my profiler to 540°. Then the difference is not that much.

17. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Did you ever find a fix for this? As I tried the new open wheel cars today, I realised my wheel is running 900 degrees range no matter what range I set in the game... :( Haven't really noticed this before, as I've mainly driven DTM92 and touring classics up until now. 900 degrees range in a formula car is no good.

I deleted all Logitech profiler profiles, reset to all default settings, uninstalled profiler, reinstalled. Still the same.-

No matter what I do, the profiler overrides Raceroom's efforts to adjust wheel range.

And yes, I've tried both ticking and unticking the "let games change settings" checkbox in profiler.

18. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Try to exit profiler full. And then start raceroom at steam. When i go that way there are no problems

19. opiate

opiate Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Same here, had the same problem with the FR2 in every race i performed online. What do you mean with exit profiler full?

20. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for my English:) I mean exit it in your task bar when it is starting with windows.