Problem Wheel rotation changes during race - G27

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rella, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    After a few hours of swearing, cursing and investigations, I'm pretty sure this has to do with game controller ID's. The G27 has to be ID 1. And I have found no consistent way of achieving this, other than playing around with the USB connectors until it's right. You can check the order in the game controller setup in control panel. The controller on top of the list is ID 1.

It seems to always work correctly for me when the G27 is ID 1. But when I reboot, I have to start all over again, because they usually line up differently at the next boot. I have four game controllers (G27, button box, shifter, handbrake), so this is a real pain in the a*** issue for me.

Also, this is *not* a Raceroom related issue, it's the same for all games I play.

The Logitech profiler obviously fails to set the G27 as ID 1, no matter how hard you tick the checkbox. Not too strange, as the software hasn't been updated since WWII...

2. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately not. I wrote everything i tried and decided for a wheel rotation in global settings that i use ingame for all cars. I start R3E directly through steam and other games like AC with a specific profile. Strange that the same issue occurs under Win7 and Win10 with upgraded mainboard.

3. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Have you checked if it works when the G27 is assigned to ID 1?

4. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I tried it, G27 is on ID1 but after half a lap with FR2 the rotation changed.
    What is really weird imho that it makes a difference whether I have the profiler already running or it starts automatically in the backgound after launching R3E. Both times I start from steam. Although the rotation is the same in global settings as well as in game the wheelrange is different. When the profiler already was active then I have to increase steering lock about 3-5 to have the same ratio as before. Believe it or not ;) This makes no sense o_O

5. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is some kind of bug in the Logitech profiler. It's last updated in 2010...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tux McBea

Tux McBea Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty much convinced that is the case.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I'm actually going to install Windows 7 today to see if that helps. I'm running 8.1 now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tux McBea

Tux McBea Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I've actually dumped the Profiler software, completely uninstalled it. Probably a bit premature to make judgements, but no issues so far. I'll let y'all know if I still get issues.

9. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    If I uninstall the Profiler I only get 200 degrees rotation in all games... :(

However, when the wheel ends up with ID 1 and is working correctly, I got a whole new experience with pretty much all cars! Everything feels soooo much more right. I'll never reboot now that it's working correctly...

Does anybody have any idea if this is Win 8.1 related? If it is, I'll switch to Win 7, but I don't want to mess around with reinstalling if I'll just get the same issues.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  10. Tux McBea

Tux McBea Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have experienced this with Win7 and Win10 so I don't think a different OS will help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem it is totally gone now,
    I reinstalled the logitech profiler and didn't touch it no configuration in it att all just leave it where it is, then the basic wheel setting in windows to 900 degree and the FFB as you se fit. In RRRE I set the basic wheel setting to 900 degree all other setting is made in the car setup mostly it is around 540 degree here is the only place you change the range until you find what suit you. this is what i did and haven't had a problem again. ;) hope this can help you to :D

This was on my old Vista and it recurred in new Win 10 but as said it is totally gone now :D

12. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    My problem is also gone now. As previously mentioned, what did the trick for me was to swap the USB connections around so that the G27 comes up as ID 1, which it now finally does at every boot, after some trial and error.

I also reinstalled profiler and set wheel rotation to 900 degrees default, with no profiles or anything. When everything is adjustable in the game, I really don't understand why you would need any profiles at all.

Is this hardware dependent in some way? Why doesn't everyone else have this problem? I get this problem all games - the game can't control the wheel rotation if the G27 isn't the first controller, and it probably can't reach all FFB settings either. The Logitech profiler is unable to set the wheel to ID 1. Anyone else done any reasearch on this?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Whaaat?! Sorry for the double post, but what version of the Logitech gaming software do you guys use? I've been using v5.10, because that's the one I get when I click "download" in the G27 support page, but if I click the link to "Logitech Gaming Software" instead, it takes me to v8.76! :eek:

Will definately try that "slightly" newer version...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Shouldn't work with the G27. There is a compatibility list that doesn't include the G27 but it works with the G29. Think I tried it once...but good luck ;)

15. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    No since I totaly stoped using that useless Logitech profiler all problem disapered :D yea ofcause the G27 is at ID1.

16. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, but your luck wishing didn't help: You're absolutely right - it doesn't work. I got so excited I didn't even check the compatibility list...

But as long as the old one works for me now, I'm fine.

Mich: I'm still getting only 200 degrees steering when I uninstall the Profiler entirely. Are you using some kind of secret Swedish trick here, or am I just out of luck?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    have you tried the hot keys on the shifter
    Hold the two middle red buttons and press one of the following:
    Top: 240 degrees
    Right: 670 degrees
    Left: 450 degrees
    Bottom: 900 Default
    on the d pad

18. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I don't have the shifter... Using a Thrustmaster TH8A.

Does Raceroom adjust the rotation correctly when you set it to 900 degrees this way? Or is it 900 degrees all the time so you'll have to adjust it yourself?

19. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    dinno i have a dfgt which is all ways 900deg by defult.

20. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    No what I did was just uninstall the profiler and all drivers for the wheel, wheel was not connected then installed it all as you should but did not open or have open the Logitech profiler att any time since then.
    I only set the 900 degree in the windows control option and set the FFB to my liking after some tweeks..
    Then in game under vehicle settings I set it to 900 degree,
    Then no more

Last thing I do but that is only when computer is new started is to open windows wheel settings (made a shortcut to wheel settings) and check that all is still set right push the pedals and buttons to see response.. after that I don't touch anything again until I restarted computer ;)

The individual cars have different wheel rotation and the game set that correct some have more some have less.. you can change them to your liking if you want in the game but I never touch it only the steering lock... the last can only be change when track is loaded in the garage

:D

• Like Like x 1