Wheelstand Pro / CSP - what screws?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Don Rudi, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

does anyone use the Wheelstand Pro (V2) in combination with the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals? I'd like to know the length of the four screws needed to attach the CSP to the stand.
    Cheers
    Carsten

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    you have to order the mounting add-on from wheelstand. I use the csp v3 with the wheelstand pro (the one for the tthrustmaster t300) and I had to order an additional mounting kit.

I asked per email for a mounting kit and this was their answer:

after some days it arrived here in germany (you get tracking number per email)

their email adress: wheelstandpro@wheelstandpro.com

Maybe you find a way to mount it without the kit, but I'm too lazy to search for DIY solutions so I just asked them. 29€ incl. shipping is not cheap imo.

Edit: D'oh.. I didn't read carefully enough. You only need length for the screws? I think it is about 5 to 6cm, if i measured correctly. I can make a picture.

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Here's the pic of one screw:

screw2.JPG
    click on it for larger picture

4. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot, so it should be M8x60 screws?

I inquired the price at the Wheelstandcentre as well and got the same reply. I now have two fitting metal strips from our local locksmith for 10€, they should work just as fine. I just need new screws :)

5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    the middle rod doesn't bother me. I don't even recognize it while driving. My legs don't touch it. But that's just me.

I thought about the playseat challenge too but I think I'm too chubby to climb into that thing. :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I hardly recognize the middle rod. Only when braking with the left foot, I slightly touch it, but I don't really "feel" it,

The Playseat Challenge is not really an option for me, looks way too nimble. I will probably go for the Raceroom seat.

8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    :D I have to use wheelstand pro until i have space for a custom rig.

Here's why: I have two Th8A Shifters. One in Seq-Mode and one in H-Pattern. So I don't have to switch the covers all the time. And Wheelstand pro has an extension available that allows me to use both shifters at the same time.

"That's not even my final form..." :D

Cockpit_1.jpg Cockpit_2.jpg Cockpit_3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Very nice setup! Space is my biggest problem as well, so I might end up with a second TH8 as an interim solution as well.
    That second screen looks tempting :)

10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    they sadly have stopped production of the Blackplate which I use as frame for my second screen (motorola moto x 2013 4,7" smartphone). So they have only some left on stock. So if you're interested then watch here: https://www.pcars-forum.de/thema/5662-blackplate-by-slot4race-depart-ed/?pageNo=1 or write directly to: Order@simracingliga.com they have various types for different screen sizes and different wheels (fanatec, thrustmaster t500, t300..) So maybe they have something left you're interested in but when they're gone, they're gone....forever. (Verkäufer ist aus Deutschland, also keine langen Wartezeiten)

11. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Looks nice and would fit my little studio perfectly as well (wird angeschafft !) ;)

12. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I've sent them a PM on the PCARS forum yesterday, but the email address is probably better. Hope they still have on sample for the T300.

13. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Got my WSP yesterday - what a difference (to the old-fashioned-clamp-wheel-to-my-loose-desk-solution), feels a bit like sitting in a cart :) very comfortable, very laid back in comparison....When I started simracing with RRE again (& with my wornout MOMO wheel that time), it actually was just for fun, not spending too much bucks for and for some therapeutical backround to gain my mobillity back after a serious accident & surgery. A year later I was in the middle of all that racing activities you find here at S3, another year later I'm in the middle of professionally organized league racing and have to compete with some of the best simracers you find at the RRE Community - there is no alternative : my rig has and had to grow with it....:rolleyes:..but it's worth every step ahead...:cool: ;)