when a game has finished

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cantalou, Aug 18, 2015.

1. cantalou

cantalou Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    hi I want to know why Sector3 focuses a pack out of cars and circuits while the game will instead need to tire management, flags and longer stroke.
    looking at the stat attendance I saw that there were only rarely more than 200 players on average and I'm afraid that without improvement in the direction of management stand the attendance continues to decline and we can not blame deserted player in the game without the improvement.
    I hope this'll change soon instead still have cars or circuit, I find the game quite provides the cot ...

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    They have a content team separate to the mechanics team so neither hinder each other.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I think they should have 80% of the whole team working hard on taking the game out of Beta with more off the features that the community wants.

After spending in the range of 150$ in this game so far, when ever i see new content coming out it makes me cringe and i get less and less excited about it.
    Focus needs to be realigned.
    I am all about encouraging my favorite developer and my favorite game,
    But i am getting a little "spent" right now

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  4. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Tune in Friday and you will see

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
  6. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Only 2 and a half years in beta...:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think nobody, including the devs, would disagree with what you say.

But bear in mind that the developer (Sector3 Studios) does not have exclusive say in what is being released and how, because there is a producer (Raceroom Entertainment) who makes many of those calls. If promises are made (f.e. to create the official DTM game until a certain date) then those have to be fulfilled.

And another but: If you take a look at steamcharts you'll see that the average user numbers are slowly increasing.

2013: 120 players/month
    2014: 135 players/month
    2015 (Jan-Jul): 182 players/month

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    It will never be done, because RaceRoom is the european version of iRacing. New Cars, new tracks, new features … year after year. So that there will always be a continue process of changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    A Racing sim is a constantly evolving product. It's not like game with a beginning and an end, and which you can playthrough and then let it gather dust on a shelf.
    Is iRacing finished? No. Is Assetto Corsa finished? No. Is *insert-your-sim-here* finished? No.

Is R3E lacking some essential features? Yes. But i'm sure Sector3 will implement new important features sooner or later.
    It's not that there were no improvements the last months. New transmission model, Dedicated server, API support, Custom championships, Time of day feature, Multiplayer Spectator tool, etc. are just a few things, which came right into my mind. So if you think, that there were no new features and improvements and only new content, then you're blind.

Sometimes it's hard to be patient, but good things need time.;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    And how exactly would the artists doing content work, be able to program features? I wonder why so many people think that a game developer is not specialized in their skillset and can do it all. Don't you guys face specialization in your real world jobs?

11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Come on, surely you know that the more people you put on a job the faster it gets done, no matter what their skills are. And if you have 9 wives you can make a baby in one month

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Nope. I can drive any car on any track. :D
    If you have 9 wives you will commit suicide in 1 month...and grow tits within that month.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi James,
    I hope o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. monzoom

monzoom New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The release of Spa? I Hope! :)

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, the topic is "Let's talk physics" so, to quote J-F, I "wouldn't hold my breath" for that one.
    But who knows... :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    And thats what I hope for. For me it is much more entertaining to try new things and see how things evolve.
    For sure - in some aspects it would be nice to see more progress, but implementing changes in the Game-Engine is much much more difficult and has to be handled with an extreme care to keep things stable. Im sure that some changes will need a refactoring of code-sections. And that just needs time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. cantalou

cantalou Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I do not say that the game is not quite the contrary. I think that by putting the emphasis on the management of the stands in order to make more strategic race there are more players who remain on the game, I is demonstrated by several members of my team who arrested thereby RaceRoom .
    ca economical sistem plus some lousy ca n arranges rien.il enough to make a boot pack with, for example, a car of each category and most of the circuits 30 or 40 euro and I think it would draw no mas worlds ...

18. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Are you telling me this isn't how things work in real life.

I'm sure they are just tightening the graphics on Spa before the move on to designing new features :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess, y' all miss one factor : Its summertime in european area, North America a.s.o. - means holidays, barbeque, weekends with family and /or friends, getting drunk on sunny beaches, at lakes or somewhere else under a rotten table/bar :D...boy meets girl summertime stories,doin' survival trips, freeclimbing somewhere, skating, biking, touring with your band, visiting real race events, Exhibitions, Zoos, open-air -concerts, and and and....guess somehow...uhm..well somehow.. this might have a (small *cough*) impact on the "consumers behavior" don't you think ? Additionally I noticed the longer the breaks between updates are, the more blablah arises....no complaint - just human...:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Well, that's not really how game development works. A game developer (as a company) has many different tasks to fulfill. Sure you can put 10 people that know a bit about everything on any given job but the end result will only be as good as the persons' skill. Rather then having 10 people that know a bit about everything you're better of having a few experts for each department of the company. That way you can get the most quality out of each part of the game and get the best end result.

I speak out of experience as during my internship at Cruden (and other work) I worked in the content creation team. There where a few different teams, each with it's own task, ranging from a sound team to a physics team. For example there was a guy that did all kinds of research as he was constantly working on getting new features and shaders in for the engine.

The main task of my team was, as the name suggests, to create content. That goes from pure 3D model and 2D texture work for in the simulator, to concept work and renders for potential clients. At the time there where 4 guys working in that team plus me as an intern. The 5 of us studied to be artists and that was our passion and profession, it's what we are good at. It therefore wouldn't have made sense to put me in the QA or Physics team because that's not what I do. To go back to that research guy, if we needed for example a special carbon fiber effect for a car, we went to him because he was better at doing that then we where. When we needed sounds for a certain car or concept presentation we where better of going to the sound guys then doing it ourselves. The same goes for others, let's say the physics team, if they are working on a new concept and the company wants to show it to investors or clients they are better of coming to us for the visual part as that is what we do.

So in conclusion, the amount of content coming into Raceroom has no effect on the speed of features development, as that is a different team. Also, if you want the complete team to work on features you'll probably end up with a very buggy, game as artists and QA members are no programmers. Hopefully people will now stop saying that content is blocking other development of the game please. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015