when a game has finished

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cantalou, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    You can see all you lap times filtered by car and track in you profile.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And where in the steamcharts statistics does it say that those average 200 players per day are the same players each day?

What's your point about the competitions being free? Still there are several thousand individual entries, which means that several thousand people must have played it, not only 200.

You come to general conclusions from your personal opinion... There were quite some people complaining about physics and it is not only those classes that will receive an update. The Touring/DTM class' update was neccessary to be able to merge the classes, BOP, which many people wanted and like.

The old tranny was just unrealistic and you are the first sim racer who complains about added realism...

Well you can analyse your laps with pixeljetstreams tool. Admittedly "just" a comunity add-on, but still.

Sometimes it is neccessary to look at the broader picture and realize that some changes cannot be made until others have been introduced.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Can you show me a thread with people asking for merging those classes?

And if you consider 200 a good number, I will not discuss anymore.

Cheers

4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Weird thing to get upset about...

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I want those things too!!
    I can't hardly whait for fuel, mandatory pit stops without AI control, in depth damage model, more randomness and life to the AI, saving set ups, analysis chart after races etc, etc etc.. .
    But no sim out there gives me all of that!
    But I have faith in R3E, and I think if any devs will make it to please most off my wishes, it will be S3S.

I just pointed out that the paying player base is bigger (still unreasonably low) than the 200 average players.
    Like @Christian Göpfert said, this is an average.
    Everyone doesn't play all att the same time, so it's not the same 200 day after day..

Me for example, I haven't hardly played all summer due to vacation trips, gardening, family etc..
    But when I have time I usually play R3E 3-4 times a week, and on different days and times every week.

Let's just hope we'll get some nice features implemented soon, and that the player base eventually starts to rise and continue to grow!
    I would like to say soon.. . But in time I think R3E have a good chance of being the nr:1 :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. JNRRR

JNRRR Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    It´s not 200 per day but rather 200 playing at a specified moment ;)

For Today and CET:
    00:00 : 192 players@ 00:00
    01:00: 118 players@ 01:00
    19:00: 249 players @ 19:00 CET

upload_2015-8-20_19-46-1.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Which means there might be 1000 people playing on a day but spread out to where there are only 200 at any given moment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Dirt Rally for example swings between 180 and 750
    Assetto Corsa is 260-1400. Even if Kunos may be similar size to s3s, I would think Kunos has a majority of low-level programmers, due to their background of doing sims for the industry. Like @heppsan I feel most comfortable with the direction how r3e is progressing, simple personal preference.

We are not betting on horses here. We paid for something "as is" for our own joy of the moment. Does it really affect you if other people play other games more. I mean hell there is millions probably playing those MOBA games right now, they gotta be right and we are wrong about our definition of fun ;)
    Ideally s3s grows and can get more programmers to accelerate development. If you want detailed lap statistics, that can be done with 3rd party code already (see telemetry link in my signature).

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well it sounds like Emerson wants this to become a success, for it to gain a bigger audience, which is good, we all want that.
    And an average of 200 isn't great or even good but, getting back to my initial statement in this thread, seeing that the numbers are rising rather than dropping is a good sign and indicates that people like the way this is moving towards I'd say.

As the cars had to be bop'ed anyway and seeing that multi-class races are a feature desired by many users I guess the consequence was the decision to make the classes comparable, don't understand you would dislike that, Emerson. I bet you it was not like they had to decide to either introduce tyre changes or make those classes mergeable, it's just not that easy.

For you those features are ver important and that is a valid point, I won't argue that these are needed in the long run. But other people have other priorities, mainly physics and FFB, and I totally get the team when they decide that they want those to be rock solid before introducing "less important" stuff like more tyres or rain.

I urge everyone to watch tomorrows stream, you will be delighted I guess. Probably not everybody, but you can't please em all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Old broken record: "Make it an option in dedi servers (ballast) for those who don't want this unrealistic thing instead of imposing it to everyone".
    S3S servers might be bopped, no problem: I know what I find if I race there.
    But why should my dedi server be like that if I don't like it? It's thing that can be easily switched on/off with this workaround... why not to treat it like that?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Because, f.e., that Nissan R32 bop isn't just additional ballast. If that were the case that would need to weigh 2 tons. :)

12. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    As I said in another thread, when I found R3E, I didn't think it was gonna buy much and after getting into what this sim is, it took me two months to have it all (almost). Now I know this is WiP and, guess what? I find it exciting to I see it's only 0.3, because if it's a great sim at this stage, I just wonder how great will be in the future.

By now, I only want what already is implemented to work properly. I'll keep posting wishes though, and reporting issues, but I know things will come with time, so I've made up my mind for the years to come.

13. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Of course I want to see this sim getting better and better. I do still care about it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but that is BS. GTR2 was finished. GPL, NR2003, RBR. All finished releases with full features.
    I've spent enough $$ on R3E now and MP is still on life support.
    No good public servers like in GTR2 (GC) and especially R07 means I rarely start up the sim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    So since we're actually making it unrealistic... why shouldn't we add then 2 tons? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    This is probably one of the stream i will try to watch live ( while working mind you)
    I don't want all the surprises ruined by @::SKRO:: on steam chatters :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  17. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I'll conveniently setup a bug-bot that will spam you with messages about all the $2.99 Steam Offers on 50% sale tomorrow.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I must admit that I have some sympathy for the Emerson's of the community. It is surprising that a game of this caliber is in such a decidedly "beta" state, and has been for so long. On the other hand, I don't want to hammer a group of people who seem to be working as hard or harder than any developer to bring this racing monster fully to life as soon as they can. Wikipedia gave the figure of something like 50 or 60 employees for S3, so if they're only about a dozen people right now, I'm even more impressed at what they've accomplished!

One thing I don't want to hear is that RRE AG, the producers, have money connections to the three main leagues to keep happy. While I like DTM, ADAC and WTCC, I'd much rather R3E have a more broad racing base, such as the various FIA GT classes and the other leagues bandied about here, and give them an equal level of development. But, the game will be what it will be, and I'm sure addicted to what they have on offer right now.

One thing I'm curious about from this discussion is just what kind of roadmap the team have for the game, and when they figure it will be somewhere in the vicinity of a true beta state. I'll have to say that according to the definition of beta, "a feature and asset complete version of the game," Race Room is still way back in the alpha stage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I's not unrealistc in some series irl the r32 was bop'd to s***. the volvo is buffed thats whats strange to me. boping the r32 to the same level as the e30 is realistic. buffing the volvo to the level of the e30 isnt.

20. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Those of you suggesting the Volvo shouldn't be competitive with a E30 M3 BMW don't really know there motorsport history...