When did Raceroom morph into Forza Motorsport?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter Smith Racing, May 16, 2022.

1. Peter Smith Racing

Peter Smith Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Still loving the fair, close, clean, respectful, good mannered, polite racing community we have on Raceroom said no one ever! :p:) Time to build all the way up again! You should think about changing the fact that if you get hit from behind especially when you are not braking you dont get incident points its quite ludicrous that the person being hit should get penalised! Aslong as I dont break check someone even if im slower or brake earlier then they do it will always 100% be the person behinds fault for any collision that occurs and because you may be quick does not give you the right to barge your way past! Rant over gained 2.5 rep last race is hoping for an upward trend!
    upload_2022-5-16_22-59-34.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Peter Smith Racing

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The rep rebuild begins just stay out the way and watch everyone crash and burn! However thats come to a halt for the night as there are no ranked races showing in the search!
    upload_2022-5-17_0-21-14.png

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Make sure there's nothing in "Search" field.

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, not even a comma or it will make all results disappear. Are you in your first ranked races? If so, they count double for good and bad so you have to avoid disconnects, crashes and off tracks until the multiplayer goes back to the standard one.

5. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    It's not that simple. You can still block somebody with your throttle floored. The system is unable to judge your intentions, so it just judges the outcomes. It's not perfect, but it's the best system possible.

And there are people with consistent >90 reputation with all sorts of rankings, so it's possible to avoid the carnage.
    Total races: 531

I don't think he is.

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If you've done over 500 races and only have a 70 reputation then it's not everyone else that's the problem. It's you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Peter Smith Racing

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981 Yep all me I hold my hands up for doing so many races on a sim like getting to over 90+ rep then in half a dozen races back to 70 yep 100% my fault. Sorry for not being a non-alien and always having to race in the mid field its my own fault for being so slow and actually race for the enjoyment! Maybe I shouldnt keep coming back to a sim I Iike which in my opinion which has the best FFB maybe I shouldnt keep rebuilding my rep! That rep losing streak was all due to being hit on either the 1st corner or at some point on the first lap and getting damage and masses of incidents points so I take full blame for being slow on the first lap, which lead to me having to quit but your right 100% my fault! I do like the game I do persevere and get my rep back but its way to easy to lose due to things that are not always your fault which then leads to not being able to compete in some ranked races and if as you say its must be all my fault then surely by now I would have been banned for being a reckless driver?
    upload_2022-5-17_12-45-41.png

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Don´t players only lose more than 7 rep points per race for rage quitting or disconnecting?

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    For the losses he's showing there they do look like 1st lap quits.

10. Stefan Teuber

Stefan Teuber New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Building up rep is quite easy. It only shows how many incedents youve has in relation to the driven laps (or curves:p) ... who nknows. Just drive behind all the wrecking and get it.
    BUT!o_O
    Is this what it is all about? I would say absolutely -> no.
    If you really have to have a high number somewhere, than have an eye on the ranking. That shows how competetive you´ve been against some maybe stronger opponents.
    As long as you are fighting midpack, youl get incedents all the time. That´s part of it in every sim.
    The more you fight forward, the less that rep propblem will fall back on you.
    This can be frustrating some times but hey, it is the same with any other thing in life.
    Kepp calm, you can not kill them all:cool:

11. Peter Smith Racing

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So had some really enjoyable races tonight, its really quite entertaining watching the carnage from the back and guessing the wreckers correctly! So dont qualify, if im gonna start mid to high pack no point, then let the whole field go past then overtake a few of the slower drivers than me organically during the race and watch 30% kill themselves or other drivers, especially stay out of the way of the quick drivers that have had incidents are are barging their way back through the field, newbies are over zealous at the start were as quick drivers are dangerous when recovering during the race because they believe they have god given right to get past you! @Stefan Teuber I can live with and accept incidents however idiotic disrespectful driving no matter what your standard is wrong 1st lap divebombs in a 15 min race is ridiculous and the amount of drivers I see spin out other drivers tonight and just drive on not very good sportsmanship the only way to stop this is not to punish the receiver only punish the perpetrator then if someone thinks they was brake checked file a complaint easy, because thats the only valid excuse you can have for hitting someone in the rear, even in real life racing and driving when rear ending someone the driver behind is always to blame! Anyhoo hopefully get back over 90 rep tomorrow!
    upload_2022-5-18_0-0-24.png

12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The system isn't going to change. Incidents will always be non blame. There isn't an algorithm that can work properly without exploits. Doesn't matter how many times you ask for it, still won't happen.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's simply not true, even in road traffic. It is true in the majority of accidents, but that doesn't mean it applies always.
    For the simplest of examples, what if, on the road or while racing, you get pushed into sb elses back by a third driver?

Simple solutions are always alluring, but more often than not they come with a whole bag of pitfalls. We did test several versions of the incident system that tried to identify the perpetrator in a collision. Sadly they never worked as reliably as we would have hoped. We were always able to create scenarios in which the system could be tricked or it misjudged an incident and I think a system that wrongfully puts the blame on sb, even if only in 1% of cases, is even worse than a shared blame approach.

14. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, and I was 100% pro shared blame until you said that. Makes me think, what if you had a system most drivers would consider "good enough", but decided not to use it simply because you set the bar so high.

15. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    What if that 1% of cases is something that's easily exploited? It's already too hard to spin a car in RaceRoom, imagine if you could just close the door at any time someone tries to pass you and the only thing that would happen is the guy who hits your rear quarter panel gets 4x incident points.

16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The problem with that number is it sounds small enough but when you consider that there's thousands of incidents every day (across all servers combined), a 1% error margin could mean 10 or more wrong judgements (and disgruntled users) every single day.

17. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean?

18. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Many cars in RaceRoom are so forgiving they are essentially unspinnable, the only penalty for bad driving is more understeer. This gets exploited by bad drivers who turn the game into bumper car racing. Plus cars in RaceRoom spin in an unrealistic way from contact, a front-to-rear contact will send the car that got hit in the front spinning while the car that got hit in the rear goes on like nothing happened.

19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    When you hit someone from behind you get a sudden deceleration and subsequent weight shift forwards (and hence off the rear tyres), is it any wonder that often the car behind will then spin?

20. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Not in real life:

1:52 Dive bomb, car hit in the rear spins
    2:16 Dive bomb, car hit in the rear spins

Number of contacts in the video where the car hit in the front spins: 0