When will manual starts return

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElNino, May 1, 2017.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Im questioning my memory on this but recall we had online manual starts for a day or two a year or so ago and it was hotfixed back out after complaints/bugs. It was possible to jump the starting lights, had to time your launch manually...that sort of thing.

Will this be returning any time soon? (Or if im making up the fact we ever had it, added anytime soon?)

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    you mean disabling auto-clutch? that would be great. In Assetto Corsa they put the ability to jump the start in the game after the players complain and in R3E they disable the function.. logic?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0

Yes, now you can put it in gear and hold revs until lights goes out, car will not jump. I prefer how in AC if you do that you would crash into car in front and get penalty. But yes, basically no auto clutch on starts please...or whatever ypur settings, require the player to keep the car in place manually before the lights go out.

4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Whhaaa? You can't jump the start? Bloody hell, my league starts have been terrible recently and no one told me that I could just bung it in gear and let the game dump the clutch for me. Arrrgghhh

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have to say that since a recentry update, my starts have been appalling... loads of wheel spin, no matter what class. I qualify well and then cause trouble at the start as everyone piles into me... any ideas? It doesn't seem to matter what I try!!

Dan

6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I feel your pain there fella. I expect to lose 2 or 3 places off the start. Perhaps seeing everyone around me launch better encourages me subconsciously to apply more throttle and disappear in a cloud of tyre smoke.

7. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    That is exactly the same here... I have tried using the clutch, I have tried starting in gear, I have tried dropping it into gear and nothing... I used to gain places on the start and now I lose soooo much time! Nothing I do makes it better!

On a side note, I have installed crew chief and it has revolutionised my r3e experience so thanks for that!

Dan

8. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Full throttle before green light is bad. Depending on the car there's different ways to do a fast start.
    With the Audi TT, I stay in green RPM and go full throttle after green light: best start! :)

In-game, while loading a track I saw "Wait the green light before to push and you'll gain a boost advantage". Dunno if it's only with IA, but cause of that I worked my starts (throttle) and often start faster than my opponents in online races. ^^ Problems only start after the start. :p

9. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Haha! I mainly race dtm, wtcc and gt3 and spin the wheels every race. Even with hardly any throttle, first gear just seems so short, and I almost have to keep reducing the throttle!

10. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I get the revs just at redline before the lights go out...so not even near full throttle (since no load), then when the lights go out lots of throttle immediately, quickly (but not immediately) up to full throttle...that has been working well for me in both R3E with the auto clutch starts and AC with proper clutch. Im either faster or as fast as everyone else...but should not neglect to mention these are public races!!

11. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'll give this a go although I have tried lots of methods... I just end up hitting the rev limiter and spinning the tires so much!

It's a shame as racing wise I have got a lot faster and I can compete, I'm just left for dead or crashed into on the grid (my fault ultimately)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Manual/false/jump starts are available in SP, you enable them by using full flag rules I think.

You're right tho, manual starts were briefly introduced in MP, but had to be removed because of certain inconsistencies.
    But listening in on the moccasin telegraph it sounds like there are discussions on how to re-introduce them in MP.
    No promises tho.

• Like Like x 1