Resolved Where did my "Experiences" go?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Kondor999, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Kondor999

Kondor999 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Ever since the update, I haven't been able to access any of the Experiences I've paid for.

Am I looking in the wrong place, or is this another bug-that-will-eventually-be-fixed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kondor999

Kondor999 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    OK, I figured it out. You have to apply a "Rules Set" for whatever series you want to run. I guess this is more flexible, but honestly I really liked how the old Experiences changed your menus and backgrounds. It certainly felt more special/unique that way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    2nd line of the patchnotes from a few days ago.

*Unified Experiences and moved some of the experience specific settings to R3E.

Experiences were removed and all the content that was in them was moved into the main RaceRoom portion of the game. To use the rule sets, just create a single player event, and select your car and track as normal, then select the proper rules from the drop down menu.

I agree with that. The menus and music were a nice touch that did make the DTM/ADAC experiences unique and special.

The devs had been planning on unifying the game for a long, long time now... and finally made it happen. Be nice if they could implement those cool menus somehow though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. russvox

russvox New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I cant get the rule set to work? It just kicks me out?

5. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    How do I get the tracks for the DTM Experiences?
    I selected the custom rules set, but then I have to add the tracks manually?

6. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    We need a option to select a championship experience so that we have the rules and tracks and everything else selected automatically.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    indeed , its being worked on

Andi

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    What if you want the rules but not all the tracks?

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    For a single event, I imagine this would be irrelevant since you cant select multiple races over multiple venues. So, I believe they will just have a proper rule set. Then for a custom championship, they might... might... also have a preset to have the proper rules and tracks.

Too early for me to know anything yet. But it is going to be further fleshed out.

• Like Like x 2
  10. russvox

russvox New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Still does nothing after "update"

11. Mustangmarauder

Mustangmarauder New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Totally, I just want an option that sets up the appropriate championship with all the tracks in the correct order.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK it's still there just with all lag it's invisible o_O sorry thought i would lighten the mood

• Like Like x 1
  13. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    If the revised "experience" can only be reached via the current menu system......

Any chance I could get a copy of the splash videos for the various Experiences?

14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  15. PolarClaw

PolarClaw Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    So the experiences were removed but not included or only partly included with a not functioning rule set in the new base menu. And the experiences are missing until know, but why is this thread signed as resolved?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I got DTM 2016, but were is the rule preset for 2016? only 2013,2014,2015? ok, perhaps no differences between them. But why is the starting mode set to "rolling start" ?

17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Because they were removed to streamline the menu system and they arent coming back :p

The single player rules addition now allows you to customize the rules however you see fit for the past experiences, but any other class in the game.

The only ones that got rule sets were the past experiences. DTM 16 was never an experience, so no rule set.

This is a work in progress of course, so more rules will be added, and any bugs will be fixed.

It's not an overnight process sadly.

18. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Ha got it, and I thought I bought the DTM 2016 experience . Next time I will better read the text before I buy something :) http://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/dtm-experience

it's called DTM 2016 experience :confused: anyway, looking forward to whatever sector3 is doing at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, you have a good point there. Frankly, I have no idea why they still call those packs "DTM Experience" when they removed the 'experiences' from the game. Quite confusing to still use that name for the pack... when you dont have the experiences anymore.

DTM 13, 14, 15 and ADAC 14 all had experiences that have rule sets in the menu now. The rest of them are just "packs". ADAC 15, DTM 16, etc. So since these were never experiences like the others, they havent had specific rule sets made for them.... yet.

Hopefully this comes soon though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. teknocack(The Colonel)

teknocack(The Colonel) New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A little sad I won't be able to experience the 'Experiences' after buying all content during the Black Friday sale. It would be enough to be able to select the 'Experience' championship without having to build the track list from scratch.

• Agree Agree x 1