Resolved Where did my "Experiences" go?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Kondor999, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    But... driving the DTM 2016 is a kind of experience :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    On the other hand some people don't like been told what and where they can race content they purchased ? Just sayin

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Mustangmarauder

Mustangmarauder New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Options are good, offering an "experience" championship, along with the option to modify or build your own custom championship would be optimal. I might like to do a given series season without having to figure out what tracks and in what order would duplicate that season, Just sayin.

• Like Like x 1
  4. teknocack(The Colonel)

teknocack(The Colonel) New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! I don't care if the post says "Resolved", I don't consider this issue resolved at all since it seems like a super basic fix and should have been. Also,no one said anything about being forced to play the content only one way. Just sayin'.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  5. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Hi...
    Haven't played DTM 2015 since the update, but if I play a custom DTM 2016 championship, and select the "mandatory pit stop" option, the problem is that there's a pit stop during the 1st race too.
    Would be Great to use the DTM 2015 basics (by selecting the option DTM 2015) with pit on 2nd race only...
    Just sayin'...

6. howitzer155mm

howitzer155mm New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What if you were say, I dunno, Mid-way through a DTM championship and now the save is no longer accessible? Hmmmm?

Seems more like a lazy excuse for removing a feature that was actually rather large imo. It'd be like Polyphony Removing it's entire organized set of series and license tests from Gran Turismo and leaving just the custom race option.

R3E is amazing, but the Experiences were what really did it for me, kind of disappointed really. Even when you set it up manually, the driver photos are cut off by the default R3E screen size/style. So you can't even see the driver's faces anymore.

Part of me feels like this was actually done by mistake and a fix is being included in a future update. (but I doubt it)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    The saves worked for me, I was able to finish my existing championships one race at a time.

8. YANNLEBLANC

YANNLEBLANC Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    There's a thread similar to this one, I think it would be good to merge it.
    It will be more easy to follow.

And I'm complaining too: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...es-has-anyone-done-the-maths.6632/#post-98344

And it look like there isn't any devs around and or involved in the discussion.

I've been around Steam Spy checking the last numbers and popularity of the games I play.
    And it's really sad to see the result for Raceroom.
    pCARS, AC and others sim titles numbers increase a lots during sale and holidays.
    Raceroom haven't made it this time and it's a message that R3E/Sector3 must take seriously.

Raceroom Steam spy: https://steamdb.info/app/211500/graphs/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Interessting - didn't know steam-spy. I've always looked at steam-charts: http://steamcharts.com/app/211500
    I wonder a bit - that the All-Time-Peek is so different - I guess that steam-spy has a shorter check-interval as steam-charts only checks once per hour. (ok, I've just checked it Steam-Spy checks every 10 minutes).

You mean the Number of owners during the Steam-Sale?
    As Raceroom is Free-to-Play the Steam-Sale isn't very attractive. The DLC-Packs were on Sale in Steam, but I don't know if they are very attractive to people.

10. YANNLEBLANC

YANNLEBLANC Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    If we compare to the last years numbers + the others games result, R3E has very little evolved.
    The holidays numbers are really bad, proof that something is wrong with the "marketing" side + all the recent update issues .
    Hope the game will seriously lift up soon.

11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Actually, since in the past 2 yrs, the player count has risen. Last year it rose a lot in the early spring because there was a big update, and that is when Nords released. Since then, and over last summer there was little going on, so the player count stagnated a bit. Although the average player count is still higher than last year.

Sim racing is already a very niche genre with few people that play consistently. Couple that with there being ~5 games that take people's time and R3E is never going to look like it has big numbers. Comparing it against itself would be best, and it has grown a fair amount (percentage wise), even if the active player count isnt impressive compared to other games from other genres on Steam.

You'll most likely be sorely disappointed since change does not happen overnight. R3E has been a WIP since Sector3 took over and they have been improving it step by step in their 2+ yrs at the helm so far. Nothing revolutionary is going to happen next week, but solid improvements and additions will continue to happen.

12. Piercarlo

Piercarlo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In which championship were you competing? ADAC GT or DTM? If the latter, did everything work fine? Did the number of laps to be run vary from track to track?

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    adac, yes everything worked fine except for crew chief for some reason getting driver names wrong