Problem Where to begin

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by higsy, Mar 21, 2018.

1. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I mean I've never been so frustrated with this game in my life.
    1. Game is slow to load
    2. When you hit drive the game locks for 20 seconds approx.
    3. When using SRS last night I did a test.. with only myself on the server. Worked fine .
    4 when there's more on the server the game locks at the beginning. It allows me to qualify but when the race starts I load on the grid with no one else there and then connection is lost.
    5. Have to close game thru task manager.

I live in Canada with extremely fast internet. I7 4000K 16MB memory. Task manager shows all process' fairly low on usage. The only issue that shows is raceroom not responding.
    I have fanatec equipment. Also using an ssd.

Actually frustrated is not the word.. I also did a system refresh yesterday and spent alot of time resetting everything... I don't get game stutters btw. Same problems exist.. I seems the servers are slow to ping the game (or whatever they do) as it' "always online"

2. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    What is your Ping, that is more important then Internet Speed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I was just in the race with u krampus at brands and got kicked at the start. I assume there is a way to check ping online ?

4. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  5. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I got a min. of 6ms max of 31ms and an average of 13.8... I assume these are fairly good ?

6. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Did you do the test with the Swedish Server, i think that the R3E Servers are locate in Sweden.
    Everything under 80ms is good, above is bad and above 250ms can make problems. Also try it several times a day and even if you in a R3E Lobby. Some Programs like Defender or Antivirus are updating in the Background, if this happend the ping can go up extremely. Otherwise you can check your PC what is going on by using the "Event Log Inspector" https://syslogwatcher.com/downloads/
    It's a free Version!

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    you should see the Ping for each server in the List of the Muliplayer-Servers. That is actually your Ping to the server you are trying to connect.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Bud not If you used the SRS, then you go straight into the Session.

9. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    ok, thats true...

but you can start the game without SRS and check the SRS-Servers in the List... (the filter for locked Servers must be removed)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    looks like my ping to Europe is around 100 ms to 120.
    this may explain why I have issues with some of the servers but not really why the game starts really slow.

11. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    This could make the problem especially if some proces in the Background blockade the Reaction Time of your PC.
    Maybe this Video can help you out.

12. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I did some of the suggestions to increase ping..
    Just an update today.. game running fine. No delays. Tried an srs race with 17 on the server and didn't get kicked with no game delays.. hopefully something was improved on the backend

13. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    can be something on the Side of your provider, too. The long loading-times indicate something like connection-problems to the game-servers.

14. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Yes. Were with rogers hi speed unlimited data... my download speeds are 18mbs and my ping in Canada is averaging 12 ms but my ping to Sweden was something like 100-120.
    I did some of the things in the video but was unable to replicate the dns as the rogers settings were different than the pc.
    Anytime I've had this issue it always seems it' a delay because of a verification process.

15. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    100 to 120 ms is ok. I played with mates who have 200+ ms and it works fine. That can't explain why your game hangs and crashes.

16. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the slow start up, this might seem a strange question, but do you have a shared network drive on your system?