Which cars/classes are on new physics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ravey1981, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I know the GTR3 class are generally on newer physics and TCR class obviously are, but what others are up to date and which are in need of work? I'm relatively new to the game so haven't really followed the development over the years. Also, if the GTR3 class is on new physics does that mean that other classes that use GT3 cars (the GT masters classes) are also on those physics?

2. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I don't have everything in mind but that should be on latest physics:
    * GTR3
    * GT Masters are the same cars as GTR3
    * Formula Junior FRJ
    * GTR1
    * WTCR
    * C-KLASSE
    * Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
    * Porsche Cayman Clubsport
    * Pagani Zonda R

In fact there're different physics models, for example the HillClimb Icons, WTCC 2013, German Nationals and GTR2 use the oldest physics model.
    Other cars use a decent physics model but not the last one. And the next patch will update a good amount of cars to the last one.

It's not an exhaustive list, you can find some other answers on the forum by searching "physics" (in title): https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...hat-car-packs-are-on-what-physics-pack.11030/

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  3. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    both the Porsche 911 Cup and Cayman are also on newer physics.

4. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    For a beta-tester, but for a user only after the next patch.:p

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. AlexBlob

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Nope, the Porsches were added after the GT3 rework in November, so they are in fact on the new physics, the Cayman will have newer physics next patch.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Dang, when's the next sale? :D

7. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    OK I see what you mean, I edit my first post.
    The Cup too will receive new physics AFAIK.

Physics updates are free. :rolleyes:

8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Black Friday isn't that far away... maybe something is coming there...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
  10. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Alex posted video 3 months ago with GT3 Cup showing some improvements to suspension so maybe it will be included in upcoming update

11. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Some leaks said yes. ^^

12. AlexBlob

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I tend to rate anything post GTR 1 as New Physics+, you will see why very soon. ;)

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    So...while we're on the subject... What actually happens when a car is updated to "new physics"? Is the data that relates to the car, suspension data etc etc etc actually put into a whole new physics model or is the existing model tweaked to more reliably replicate a real world car (presumably with input from a driver who has driven them). It's pretty interesting. Drove the formula junior tonight after finding it was on newer physics....what a car that is!! Takes a bit of learning but once you have it under you it's a joy to drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    DTM 2016 not?

15. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I think its tuning the existing numbers. The effects have shown to be immense (and for the better) in those classes that got this Hodgkinsonian treatment. Cars usually become more dynamic, less like "trains-on-rails", you can lose control easier, the behaviour becomes more believable, more alive. Most people agree its a big step forward.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

I was surprised to see that listing showing DTM 2016 using new physics while DTM 1992 uses old physics. They are so far away and different in handling. Just my perception, and I've never drive either car in real life, just equating what I was expecting... the 1992 cars seem to feel like Sedans from that era. I've not driven the race car version of the '92 but did drive a very similar road car to it. And from what I remember the handling seemed right.

The DTM 2016 cars I was shocked by when I raced them. I was expecting them to feel more like a GT3 or similar car, but no, the DTM 2016 cars feel like driving a covered wagon from the wild west. No suspension feel at all. It's very, very stiff, so stiff that I can't tell I'm in a turn except for the tires squealing. Shouldn't there be at least a little bit of roll even in such a new race car? I don't know, they just feel stiff and so glued to the ground that I am given the impression they weigh 100 tons. lol

17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Modern DTMs are more like a single seater with a shell around them, they are very stiff. Completely different to the 1992 cars which were just an evolution of the road car at the time. I agree the 1992 does feel believable, if a little to easy to handle at the limit. Really looking forward to that class being brought onto new physics, it will be amazing to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the reply! And yes, makes sense that a more modern DTM like the 2016 I was just now driving on the track feels so much different as it's, like you said, more of a true race car rather than a converted road car. So yeah, I can understand the stiff feeling now and helps to enlighten me some on what to expect from the more modern stuff.

I tell you, games have spoiled me in the past with more arcade-like handling and teaching bad habits. In driving some of the newer physics cars in here it's definitely made me a better driver, lol. You can't always just floor it and go around the track on-off with gas and brakes, it seems you have to be patient and learn how far you can push it or else you wind up way off the track in a field or worse, smashed up against a barrier. It's great fun and I'm learning a lot! Now if I could just set up a car! :D

19. AlexBlob

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Most of the new physics stuff has been redone from the ground up, there still may be further tuning on some cars, such as the M6 where it had its mini rework a few patches back.

• Like Like x 2