Question Which cars have the new physics already?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Paradox Agi, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Driving the Audi R8 LMS Ultra from ADAC 2013 and 2014 I noticed that they behave different and the R8 from GTR3 I raced with in a competition seems to me different to both of the ADAC cars. I further had the impression that the GTR3 version gave me more feedback and I was much faster with this one than with the other versions.

Is this normal behaviour because of different car specs or do they have different physics? I read about GTR3 cars had newer physics and older cars will be updated in the future. Can anyone tell me which cars do have the newer physics and which do not?

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    drive em, if you like em, keep driving them. If not move on :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I like all cars I have driven so far. But I found myself struggling with FFB settings today because it did not feel right anymore for the 2013 Audi R8. It was set up driving the GTR3 R8 so it should have been similar at least. If I knew what cars have improved physics I could take it as it is and just get used to it until the update comes in. As long as I don't know, I will always think I messed up my settings...

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Fun fact: All of those cars/classes you tried have recently been updated. ;)

Most recently updated were:
    ADAC GTM 13/14/15
    GTR3
    DTM 15
    Daytona Prototype
    Silhouette class
    Audi TT
    Formula RaceRoom 2
    Aquila
    M1 Procar.

But updates are rolled out fairly frequently and old cars get updated as soon as production allows. GTR2 and Group 5 have been updated last April f.e.

All changes can be found in the patchnotes: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-patchnotes-thread.261/

5. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    So, the different R8 are really that different to each other?

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    They are supposed to be different, yes. How much, that's a very difficult thing to put in words or numbers. ;)
    But I take it from your last comment you're mainly talking about FFB?

7. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I noticed a difference before using a gamepad. I like this difference somehow but the ffb thing confused me. I will check this another day as it seems I can't keep focused today. Maybe it's all in my head. :D

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if all of those GT3 class cars are actually using the same FFB settings/version. They got updated but I'm not sure which parts of their physics that involved.
    There are many guys more competent than me on this tho, cause I'm just the weird gamepad-guy nobody wants to talk to. :D

Give em another shot and see how they compare. Also note that the FFB setup options are being worked on atm, there will be an update in how those work sometime soon(ish), and I think it is supposed to reduce the need to alter FBB when changing cars/classes because it will save certain values for each car in the car setup.

Cheers

Christian

9. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I read about the plans for ffb integrated in the car settings and the different physics. This is why I asked. I just did not know if it is just my feel, is it because of car specs or are there different physics in the cars.

10. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    they are all on the new tire version... just slightly different spec. honestly the difference is very subtle im surprised you noticed it at all. (i didn't at first untill you said something)