Which has the best AI in your opinion?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bull Shark, Mar 30, 2019.

1. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    It's a fairly general trait, but it mainly comes down to the type of corners it's approaching.
    Right now, the AI really doesn't like hairpins and chicanes, and they tend to brake very early for those.

Couple of glaring places:
    Zandvoort T10 & 11 (Audi S Bocht and Hunserud) are prime examples. You are almost guaranteed to gain positions there.
    Portimao T4 & T6 (Lagos and Torre Vip).
    Suzuka T11.
    Zolders second chicane (think it's called Gilles Villeneuve)
    Nürburgring T1 and the final chicane.
    Mid-Ohio T1. The AI will brake even in Formula US cars which are easily capable of taking it flat-out.

The interesting thing is that Zolders first chicane is fine(-ish), as is the fast chicane at Nürburgring Sprint.
    Which leads me to believe it has more to do with the sharp corners than with the braking points as such.

Finally, and something completely different.
    When you get time, could you take a look at the KTM standing starts?
    I suspect the AI is bogging down.
    I know a lot of factors can affect standing starts, but watching the AI trying to start the KTMs is positively geriatric. :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    The one which comes to mind specifically (and I believe it has been noted before) is the speed at which the AI take Carousel at Road America.

Also as mentioned above, the AI generally seems to brake too early and not carry enough speed into corners......and I'm an early braking/early on the power sort.

3. Pales

Pales New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This particular topic is highly controversial and whenever I see this as a discussion, everyone always points to RF2. Realistically though, it is not. The RF2 AI is not programmed correctly for rain, it does not utilize slipstream and go for overtakes (this is a well known bug that has been posted on the forums yearly), it does not incorporate any strategic logic for fuel or tires, and is not impacted by dynamic effects; most noticeably track temperature. Blue flags are a mess, yellow flags don't work particularly well and logic for safety cars is also completely broken. Having said that, the RF2 Ai for awareness and the prevention of collisions is second to none. It is the most superior of them all and I guess this is what most people refer too. If the overtaking bug got resolved, it would be a winner in my eyes.

To improve Raceroom I think we know need AI logic for Endurance Racing (strategic). e.g. refueling, saving time, additional stints. It does everything else you could require; with the exception of early breaking in corners.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I bought Formula Truck 2013 on steam and cannot get wheel set up on it right. Its a really cool concept of truck racing, i just cant figure how to get it to drive right.

5. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that AI has noticeably improved after last patch. My last experience are pretty good, AI is careful generally and also incidents after my early braking have been reduced to a minimum. Maybe it's just my impression, but accidents have also decreased in the first lap and races are pretty clean. Very enjoyable for me!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. DustySticks

DustySticks Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    You haven't played rF2 recently if you believe that. The AI has definitley taken a step back. Try getting a multiclass race with LMP2, GTE, and GT3 at Sebring with a rolling start, yellow flag after yellow flag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. spitfire49

spitfire49 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I remember playing GTR2 and really enjoying the AI..the occasional spin or mistake made the racing experience more
    Imersive..and you could race wheel to wheel without being driven of the road. The one thing I didn't like was the starts..the AI
    being very slow and you could make up to many places. RRE has definitely improved over time and because I don't race online..(terrified of taking someone else of into the gravel traps)..it's quite a high priority. I have other race sims but always come back to RRE because overall it has a great mix of everything..and it just seems to be getting stronger with every new update.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Just now I got 60 min race in Most with Audi TT VLN and adaptive AI, what a fantastic experience. I was really careful after the start and first chicane, and after race stabilization go on battling for better and better position. No crashes, no heavy incidents, only few lights contacts. Very, very good with full race consistency.

• Like Like x 2