Which wheel are you using?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M-Bimmer, Dec 16, 2019.

Tags:
?

Which wheel are you using?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2019.
  1. Fanatec DD2

4.0%
  2. Fanatec DD1

7.3%
  3. Fanatec CSL elite

8.1%
  4. Fanatec Clubsport

6.5%
  5. Simcube1

3.2%
  6. Simcube2

4.0%
  7. Accuforce

4.8%
  8. Thrustmaster

30.6%
  9. Logitech

27.4%
  10. Others (specify in comment)

4.0%
  1. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Getting ready to pull the trigger on a TM TS-PC (brother is buying it for me). I'm not ready for a DD yet, money and little time to race are deciding factors. Currently using my trusty G27. I can no longer run the profiler on my PC. Really though, it's just time for me to experience something different.
    EDIT:
    Decided to go with a CSL Elite with the Elite Pedals and Rim. Why not, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  2. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    bought both, returned the CSL elite. FFB feeling was too much "rubbery" for me if you know what I mean. really the TS PC is a great wheel and will serve me until I get to DD wheel territory

3. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I think the next year of so will be good for wheels in general. There are a few affordable dd wheels do to be released this year, and that should be good for everyone. On a smaller scale but just as effective, its kind of like the amd vs intel battle over the last few years. With amd releasing affordable possessors that could compete, intel was forced to bring down their prices to a much more affordable level. So in my opinion there is good chance dd wheel prices could drop, no matter your choice of manufacturer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Do you know the price range? Company names?

5. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to go with the Fanatec because I have F1 2018 and PGR2 on the console. I have PGR2 on PC as well. If It were just the PC, I'd probably go with the TS-PC.
    I'm just so sick of trying to setup my G27 with these games. Three years ago I stopped racing to focus on a venture, now that I'm back, my wheel just doesn't work as well. Microsoft updates; one in particular, ruined it. I can't run the profiler. Even so, it's time to move on.

6. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
  7. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Many people swear by DriveHub Racing Wheel Converter, manufactured by Collective Minds the same people that make the CronusMAX PLUS. You can plug most consumer wheels ( logitech thrustmaster fanatec ) into ether a Xbox or PS4. I have never tried one myself, but for $90.00 us if I ever bought a console I would give it a go. Apparently there is a new version to be released.

https://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

8. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I have a DriveHub myself. Works great. I use it to connect my Fanatec CSW v2,5 to my PS4. Just for playing GT Sports. Lol. Plug and play.:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Have any of you CSL Elite owners have an issue with the wheel loosing center during races?

10. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Did it. Just purchased the TM TS-PC Racer. I like my G27 Pedals. So I'll stick with them for now. Picking up an adapter for the pedals. Also trying to decide on a second wheel. Any thoughts on preferred wheels?

• Like Like x 1
  11. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Haven’t had this issue (running FanaLab 1.12 and fanatec driver 347).
    Are you running the latest fanalab 1.23 and fanatec driver 352 or 356?

12. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I'm using a Fanatec CSR.

Post FFB update, the wheel is much smoother and able to run with dampening off. I had to make some tweaks to get the Forces to my liking, but overall it's been a good experience for me.

13. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, however, I couldn't get a response for a while and decided to purchase the TS-PC wheel. Really enjoying it.

14. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Today I don't have time to read all comments below therefore I will quickly reply to this first post regarding the mixed feeling about the FFB after the December update.

My wheel is OSW Small MIge 130st, SImucube 1 software. As far as I am concerned, I can not see any issues in regards to the FBB. In fact, I've noticed some improvements. My setting are exactly the same even though I had to re-create a brand new profile as per Sector3 recommendation. So no changes here. the best got even better!
    I am guessing that mixed feelings came about the cars that have been left in the dark and no FFB improvements there. Not sure I will read the comments later.
    To other note, there is a little issue found in Simucube firmware that has already been brought to simucube developers attention and should be fixed in the next firmware update, soon. ( this is about gear shifting and jolt effects problems )

Cheers.