While playing with the dedicated server tool, I found some interesting things.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alice Margatroid, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    The main things I have found are as follows. One, its posable to set up a "multiclass" race with the interface, however I am not sure if it actaully works or not, when I set it up I could not connect. the second thing I noticed was that you could also increase the rate of tire wear and fuel use. have not been able to test that out though.

Ether way, I am now tempted to experiment with a set of series ideas. anyway. has anyone had the chance to test this out yet, or want help testing it?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Multiclass mp setups are known and well used, there are server that are open for all classes, but it is not implemented in a way it would require to have meaningful multiclass races yet. F.e. the classes aren't seperated in the final scoring, which makes it a bit pointless to use slower classes. But it's being worked on.

The fuel and tyre wear multiplicators are also in since the very beginning, to account for shorter race lenghts. Those were used in SP automatically, this has been disabled for now until a new system gets released.

3. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    well, if its already in the servers, then it would not be too hard to add that to the solo game options. at least in my opinion. anyway. its just something that I found and intrested me.

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's definitely on the horizon and many people, including me, feel the same way as you. Can't wait for some real multiclass racing, in SP and MP.
    No idea when it will be released, but it shouldn't be too long.

5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    problem with adding multiclass to single player is the ai (currently leaders wont overtake lapped cars even though they battle each other on the lead lap). i know they are working on it sounds like they already fixed it to some extent so it just needs to be tested and released then they can think about muticlass in singleplayer.

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Right, that's one aspect that needs to be introduced alongside (or before) multiclass to make it worthwhile. For SP we also need the ability to manually pick the AI cars f.e. That's why it's taking a bit longer to introduce.