Why a trip to the German GP is worth the money :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Olaf Hülse, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys!
    As next week is the German Grand Prix in Hockenheim, I thought of sharing my view why Hockenheim (and all the other F1 races) may be worth your money!
    I visited last years race and was absolutely happy. With a friend of mine we camped in range of the Ring. Prices for that were good (50€ for Wednesday to Monday morning, with hot water and clean shower cabins) and all the other fans were nice and humble. I recommend you to book the Weekend Tickets as you can watch the races & qualifyings on Friday and Sunday too! Another Plus are the Pit Walk on Thursday with Track Tours. Normally, you would pay the VIP Ticket price, now they are included (And there is a chance to see your favourite F1 driver). On Friday, you can sit almost everywhere you want. As we bought the cheapest tickets, we used this opportunity to go to the Mercedes Grandstand to have a view on the hairpin. But don't get me wrong, our seats were definitly worth the money! We had seats at Sachs curve, could see a viewing monitor and the timing screen and had a view that ranged from T12 to T16 (and Vettel crashed right in front of us;)). Saturday was Autograph session, where Danny Ric drank a German Beer:D and Sunday was the race. Before that, we saw other races too. This year, there is the roaring Porsche Supercup, the funny F4 with overtaking everywhere and the Renault Clio Cup (My friend and I think this series is just hilarious:p). Also, Mick Schumacher will be there to drive his daddys F2004 on Saturday and Sunday, so that's something for your ears! But the best was and will be the unique atmosphere in the Motodrom. Who can say you were at a Race where there was a La-Ola Wave through almost the whole crowd;)?
    We arrived by train (a short walk through a park away) and didn't need any extra electricity for eg. a fridge as a supermarket was seven minutes away from the campside.
    This year, there is the 'Bond in Motion' exhibition (for free, but reserve some tickets), so see some awesome Astons!
    I can also recommend to visit the MotorSportMuseum and the remains of the old Hockenheimring track!
    Overall, I had the time of my life and can't wait to get there again :)
    I really recommend to you guys (who is nearby enough) to visit the race this year, as cards are still available and who knows how long the Grand Prix might last if this one doesn't sell out:confused:
    Greetings and see you around!

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Thats a nice write up, sounds marvelous, any photos you are willing to share? :D

3. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Sure! Had to find some appropriate ones and still had to cover up some faces:)
    DSCF6864.JPG DSCF6816.JPG DSCF6848.JPG DSCF6857 (1).JPG DSCF6837.JPG for r3e 2.png For r3e.png

• Like Like x 3