Why am I so slow???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ravey1981, Dec 29, 2018.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Enjoy your ride and don't compare yourself too much with others. Eventually you just have to decide if you wanna go really "fanatic" by doing E-Sport competitions and such with all that fuzz connected to it or if you wanna do good old community racing with friends &mates to share what you love together or even remain as a typical single player.
    There will be always those who are at least one sec better than you ever will be...tho with more experience you will go faster anyway.
    Regarding Leaderboards and Competitions : I ignore them most of the time cause I simply find no satisfaction of endless hotlapping without having a "real" race. And there are still a lotta folks out who are fast at Leaderboards but consequently suck at real Racing Events (of more than 15- 30 Mins length) ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  2. RavingLunatic01

RavingLunatic01 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I often ask myself the same question but have managed to improve my times a little by practicing with the Group 5 cars on Bathurst(Although any track will do) The 77 Vette is my fave and a few days in that unruly beast all other cars feel like they are on rails in comparison. The new Porsche looks promising for this task as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I get you, I have no intentions on becoming one of the fast fast guys. This is just for fun for me. Single player is 99% of what I do. This whole thread is not so much how can I beat those guys but how can I improve when I already feel I am at 100% of my ability.

I did however just go on leaderboards and challenged a time that was faster than I have gone, I didn't beat him but I did go a second faster than before on the same setup, so there is definitely room to improve! (1.44.7 on imola now)

I wonder if we should do some kind of community leaderboard challenge where we share setups and tips, could change the car/track every couple of weeks. Just for fun and learning purposes....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    Like the official competitions? :p

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Can you access setup data from those, I was thinking more informal...help each other to get faster type of thing. But then maybe fast drivers don't want to help slow drivers.....

6. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    What I meant is that you could just start a thread for this and just use the official competitions as car/track combos ;)

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I mostly do Leaderboards (you'll find me Division 2 most) as a first prep for league racing or other community events to find my line and rythm just doing some standard tweaks like brake balance, anti-rollbars, downforce getting used how the car feels and setting a good time more or less "as is". Normally after 10-15 laps you'll get your first intuitive "right" pb and after that you got plenty of time to reflect about it and to tweak your car step by step along with it :).
    In terms of Multiplay I would say that to become steadfast is the most important thing, with yourself as well as with your (AI) opponents.The RRE AI will teach you that - real (good) opponents even more :)

8. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Before I joined S3 I worked full time as a track-day coach & I still do for a couple of weekends a month in the summer.
    I'd be up for running some online sessions if we can figure out a nice way of doing it.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that would be an interesting event. Maybe a long practice session server and a Discord, if you don't mind voice speaking in front of your audience? :) You could watch everyones hotlapping and advice what one should change in his driving style

10. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Nice idea alex

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ah I see what you mean, the only problem with that is the car/track choices on there seem very random. I'd think it better to keep to similar cars and alternate tracks to begin with.

12. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    hi Alex, i'm there with the school, if you tell us what to do i will follow for sure.

13. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    You could post videos of your laps too and the community is there for sure to help finding the impossible seconds :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I blame aliens ...:eek:

15. RavingLunatic01

RavingLunatic01 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I did some more testing. Turns out I really am quite a legend, however I'll have to stick with what I have said and that is something changed in the last update that upset the apple cart. The results are pretty damning.

I kept my shameful records and will blame aliens too.