Why different FOV in chase cam?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frodesa, Dec 15, 2015.

1. frodesa

frodesa New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Why do the cars in R3E have different FOV in R3E? Some cars are close to the screen and others are not. Feks the GT masters 2014 mp4 is closer than the gtr3 version. I would like all cars in the sim to be at the same distance from the screen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean FOV or the "position" of the chase cam? These are 2 different things. (...like seat position isn't the same as FOV).

3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Bind keys to seat adjustment and set each car up, only need to do it once!

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm very confused by these three posts.. ;) But I think you mean that the chase camera isn't the same distance on all cars when lowering the fov, which is indeed correct and I think it affects the newly released cars as they got some updated cameras. On older cars the default chase cam is really close if you use a fov lower than 0,9.

Pretty sure it'll be fixed for the old cars as well, just needs a little time.
    But you can manually adjust the cam position while driving with the num pad.

5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Btw. why do the GT3 Rufs do not have the new co-driver view ? I love that and many thx to S3 for implementing ;)

6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
  7. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    The FOV should be exactly the same on all chase cameras. However, the camera position varies from car to car (to make up for their different shapes, lengths etc). Cars of the same model should have the same camera values. I'll double check this once I'm in the office, but it could be that you've altered the zoom on the camera. Please press and hold Numpad 5 for a couple of seconds (around 2 I think) to reset the camera values to default.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. frodesa

frodesa New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I probably used FOV wrongly. I tried numpad 5 and now chase camera posistions seem fine. Thank you!

9. frodesa

frodesa New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The GT Masters 2013 Ford GT is not updated With the New Chase camera posistion.