Why is raceroom content so pricey compared to for ex. AC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sharp, May 19, 2017.

1. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I wonder why raceroom content is quite pricey compared to other sims, for example the BMW M6 with all liveries €6.97,- and some tracks going up to almost €5,-

I kind of wanted to buy some new content but then I noticed the price €28.05 for BMW M6 + Liveries, DTM 2016 package, Chang circuit, Shanghai circuit, Monza, Suzuka, Anderstop.

AC just released a package for €7.99,- which contains 10 cars!

Before replying, it's been solved.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    1. You can play r3e for free. They only charge for content you buy voluntarily.
    How much did you pay for AC?
    2. Developers don't work for free.
    3.look at iracing if you want to see expensive content.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  3. svaty

svaty Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    AC + all DLCs cost over 80 € (without discounts). All content in R3E can be bought for 75 € (if 10000 vRP are bought) and still 1000 vRP remain for further purchases. For me both sims cost nearly the same.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    It's not.
    Buying vRP's here: https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24
    And buy the Premium package in the Raceroom shop you get all the content up to now for €64.99.
    AC with all DLC = €102,89 ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 6
  6. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    If I want to buy the whole package its going to cost me €84,- and I own, WTCC 2016, DTM 2013, DTM 2014, and a couple of tracks

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  8. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    QED.

9. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I mean AC has so many ferrraris and lotus that all drive the same lolz.

10. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    ...and so few decent tracks.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I must agree on that one indeed :p

12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    AC is a bummer, that's it

13. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with @James Cook . I think R3Es content has a fair price, BUT the pricing model and the advertising is aweful. This is not the first time (and will not be the last time) that the pricing model has to be explained to (new) users.

There has to be a big banner like "All content for only 65 Euro!" with a paypal link or credit card form or whatever right on the top! Then there has to be a listing with all the tracks, I dont know, perhaps Nordschleife, Spa highlighted and all the cars, again exclusives highlighted. Not to forget some advertising blabla like "play and testdrive every car for free...". R3E has so much to offer, not only contentwise, but to scroll down a list with all content, will sure keep people busy for a while...

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Different business model, different pricing policy. ;) Its like it is. Whether the way they handle prices and sell stuff is doing the reputation of RR a favour, can - and is being - argued over. It attracts hefty criticism time and again and keeps many potentially interested people away. Its not so much about the numbers. Its the model itself. The solution of others often is not just cheaper, but more elegant in structure. Personally, I will never stop shaking my head about how Raceroom Entertainment handles this. But if they like how it is and do not change it, then something probably is working well enough for them.

At least it is a very fine sim. And iR would easily cost even more coins.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    ~ 30 € rfactor2 whole content; played 31 hrs => 0,97 €/hr
    ~ 60 € Automobilista whole content; played 150 hrs => 0,40 €/hr
    82,32 € day-one purchases, AC whole content; played 756 hrs => 0,11 €/hr
    95,39 € day-one purchases, pcars whole content; played 182 hrs => 0,52 €/hr
    ~ 190 € buy here and there, some discounts, some packs, RR content missing since KTM Xbow RR; played 848 hrs => 0,22 €/hr; not that bad ;)
    no complaining here, just to show the dimension, I wouldn't had bought , if it hadn't been worth it

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    True, however I am not a new user, but I never understood the vRP thingy. I usually added content I wanted to my wallet and paid for it.

I am not really sure if I should be interested in the whole package deal, there is a tons of old cars I won't or don't drive. Not to mention that the old(er) cars aren't updated to the latest physics.

I just bought 5k vRP, and still got around 2k+ left, which I will keep for new releases.
    I'm quite hyped for the STCC "if" it'll be announced and Ring Knutstorp looks quite an interesting track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    vRP, linked discounts, the various packages, buying on Steam vs Raceroom store...it can be confusing to the well-initiated player let alone the newbie. I suspect that if Raceroom could start again with R3E they would do things differently with the way it's sold but sadly they are committed to a sales model that's difficult to untangle from. All they can/should do is better educate the player on how the sales model works and how the best value can be achieved (as @Thomas Friedrich stated earlier), building a better relationship with old and new players alike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Btw, does anyone know, when S3 benefits from vRP-purchases at raceroom shop?
    Probably when redeemed at raceroom ingame store.

19. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom Entertainment AG is the publisher, and the ones pulling the strings, and I guess they get the revenues from all the sales, then pay S3 for their work on the development.
    Not sure though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    This is true and the tracks both sims have I tend to prefer in R3E due to the added immersion of fans waving flags/taking pictures and the commentators heard from the pits etc. The tracks just feel so much more alive, like there's really a race weekend going on.

That said I really like Mugello and wish it was in R3E. Imola too I guess.

• Agree Agree x 6