Why is raceroom content so pricey compared to for ex. AC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sharp, May 19, 2017.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    It´s 65 € to be exact and you get more content in RR...

Everything said... Can be closed :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, sorry. You still have to spend another $4 per car for one livery when the mercedes comes out, the new audi, any new track....etc, etc. In A/C those add-on packs are $7 and they include at least 6 cars and all the liveries. I like R3E but the vRP system is ridiculous and a lot of the content is older content you don't want anyways(how many people really play 2014 DTM or 2013DTM?).

3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, that's a problem I think RR or S3 will never fix. It is a problem of the game's perceived value after buying the premium pack.

However, most of AC's liveries are god damn awful so I guess the money is saved on that aspect.

4. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    If you don´t like it leave it. It´s easy as that. I play iRacing too because it´s worth the money imo. Have i ever complained about the prices because there are cheaper sims ? No !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    The only racing sim I've spent less on than Raceroom over the last two years is dirt rally as that was a one off purchase. I own all Raceroom content apart form the last track and car or two released and probably spend a similar amount over time on Forza Motorsport to play with my friends on there. I don't think Raceroom is cheap, but I do think it's pretty good value overall, particularly when you can dive in and buy packs. You just have to be smart about buying the vrp, then content packs which was something I didn't know about straight away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    To be fair, I'm not falling over "awful liveries" and there is ton's of skin mods for AC with even higher res than the original 2k-4k-8k res skins. And if I might be honest, paying around 3-4eu for a couple liveries is quite expensive if you ask me.

I bought a couple full liveries packs because I thought otherwise the AI would all have the same liveries, then I found out it didn't matter if you owned all the liveries or not for the AI.

I think in the future i'll just buy the car I want with the nicest livery to my liking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    It's not a professional way from a beta tester to say " if you don't like it leave it" that isn't any helpful to either me or any one else wondering the same as I did. A useful addition to this post would have been better. js.

iRacing is overpriced to those that don't have a lot to spend, for example if "you" got enough spare money of course u find iRacing good value. However for me that's not the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I thik there is a problem with price perception. If you take only the car/livery or track, then they are expensive. But if you add to it constant development of the game and its features it's not that bad. If you count 1 track and 1 car per month it's around 10€ witch is pretty standard subscrition fee. In AC you pay the initial 50€ or whatever it is for the development. And then you only buy additional content.

9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Well, AC was updated to Version 1.14 last week with some remarkable improvements. Development has not ended yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    You can do a full championship with 20/25€. Pricey?
    If you already have some tracks, you can spend 2€ for a single car and livery, and compete in a full championship against each other class. Pricey? And with AC you must own each content in the track..
    If you buy a pack you spend few bucks. Exactly like AC or other Sims.. the difference is the name DLC or PACK. No more.

So the problem is just the laziness to understand something different imho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Well, to handwave it as laziness is perhaps going a bit too far, although I definitely agree with the rest.

Let's be honest here - buying content for R3E *is* a needlessly convoluted and confusing process. You can get the content a lot cheaper if you make the effort to understand how it all works (and realize there are not so obvious ways to buy vRP cheaper), but I think the game would benefit from streamlining and simplifying the process.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Imho, if you don't want to do an effort, you are lazy. :D
    This is marketing. The process is not confused, it work like intended, and like it work everywhere in the world. More you spend less you pay and more you have.
    You don't want do an effort or you don't want some research: you spend less, you pay more, less you have. The next step is to came here and to open topic like this.

Really, I love how work the buying process here, cause I DON'T NEED TO BUY A FULL GAME. I can choose to buy only a car and nothing more. This is great!!!

Imho the only thing to adjust is to give the possibility to buy new content discounted to the people who have the premium pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    While you are right about the research etc. the downside is finding out about it when it's too late (vrp discounts). It also doesn't ease acquisition of new players. The fact this topic comes up so often is proof enough imo.
    That said I have no issues with all games not costing the same etc. The amount of hours most people put in, still make this a cheap hobby (compared to hw costs).

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  14. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Meanwhile the biggest problem is not the price, meanwhile i am in real sorrow, what will come on the GT sector.

There are lightyears between other sims and R3e in features.

We are running old GT3 cars on tracks, nobody in the world realy knows. No Porsche, no 488GT3, no SCG03, no Callaway. AMG GT3? No! LMS? No. Hurracan? LOL

That is what really fears me.

A short statement from the developers, what will come, and how its going on would be nice.

Last ting what i read about the Callaway vette was, that the skinning jobs will be done for finishing her up. This was 9 or 10 month ago...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    So? What's the point of having all the new GT3s when the game has barely any tracks to race with? Or the AI isn't good enough?

R3E AI is fantastic while a number of tracks to choose from put R3E a much better game than many in the market.

16. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    5 months. Short statement from the developers has been given, and given an alternative fact treatment.

And ah yes, old GT3 cars such as the Bentley GT3 and BMW M6 at tracks no one has heard about like... Ok I'll grant you Chang. But I'm pretty sure most of us have heard of places like Indianapolis, Monza, Silverstone, Nordschleife and the list goes on.

I know I shouldn't feed into this, but really dude, go home you're drunk.

17. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Two cars out of...?

And stop blaming people with other opinions as drunks. This is childish.

18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    @Eisprinzessin why do you want a statement? you can see in the forum which cars are announced. So what's your problem? You want the devs to just tell you what you already know?

19. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    You really need 5 or 6 month to skin a Vette?
    Sorry, thats redicolus.

And rodent:
    Last time i drove the M6 with 25 oponents, i raced 2 Camaros, 1 Mustang, an old Glick and an Ford GT. Thats all a saw while the race.
    Don´t tell me R3E is up to date. Nearly no car from the actual GT3 grids is avaiable at the game.

An if S3 decides to switch to swedish TTC an 1,5 km ling tracks, than i really want to know it, because it should be clear for costumers, where the way is going.

P.S: dont forgett the Alpina. He got Pole... ROFLMAO

20. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I'm not saying R3E can field an up to date GT3 line-up, far as I know no sim is able to do so with official content. You're making up facts and dates, I called you on it.

If you want to be taken for sober, not doubling or halving every number you give may help your case.