Question Why isn't the Citroen showing up?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by PraiseDsun, Mar 21, 2022.

1. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes they should, I don't want other people getting the same Idea I did expecting the car from seeing it everywhere then finding out its no longer available after purchasing everything and thinking they got it.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It probably shouldn't be appearing in any car lists anymore, but I don't see any issue in it appearing elsewhere, splash screens etc. It is in game after all, you just can't buy it. There's lots of things in game that you can't buy.

3. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah but its everywhere thats the thing. Its a really popular car in real life due to its success and such. So it makes sense to see it in games like this but if its no longer available you think they would do something about it. It just feels like false advertising to me. If you go into the class list you can still see the car there. Its just unavailable for purchase. The trailers show the car as available. Its just an odd predicament

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've reported it to the devs. I agree it should be tidied up. Especially when it appears in a place that directly takes your money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Like here too. It shows it as an available manufacturer even though its not. I just hope the issue is resolved soon and that not too many people had the same thinking I had with thinking the citroen was available or something even though its not. Its pretty confusing

Attached Files:

6. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thats good. I hope they can tidy things up properly

7. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Here it is in the class list for WTCC

Attached Files:

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I think a Ferrari on the splash screens would be more commercially attractive than advertising cars that can´t be bought or older cars no one uses e.g. Bentley V1.0

9. jirbun01

jirbun01 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    u can't buy Citroen cars bc of licenses probably

10. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree yes. No point showing a car that cant be bought
    Probably yes. Thats what Im assuming happened. Not sure though

11. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Where did you get that screen?

12. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    As in, can't buy but people still use them? I know of three cars that were removed from the store but I wouldn't call it "lots". What am I missing? E-sports stuff?

14. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  15. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    That's awesome.

17. PraiseDsun

PraiseDsun New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I know right! Bypassed the system. If anyone is looking how to get Citroen. Show them that link.

18. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hot damn, that link still works! It's great to finally get the Citroen, I just assumed it was lost forever, I was still kicking myself for not buying it when I still had the chance (picked up the WTCC packs originally just a few weeks after the Citroen got removed). I'm a big Seb Loeb fan, so finally having his cars in the game is great.

The only downside is this pack is only 2013-2015, so you still don't get the 2016 or 2017 versions of the Citroen (shame because that red livery they ran was beautiful), but Just being able to finally drive it is worth it enough in my book. There actually was a full 2013-2017 pack available at one point, but I assume it's lost.

For those not willing to fork out ~$25 for one car (understandable) you can still have the Citroen appear as an AI opponent, you just need to set the number of opponents to match the full grid, and the Citroen will be on the grid (albeit not in any of the menus pre-race).

WTCC 2014 select 16 opponents
    WTCC 2015 select 23 opponents
    WTCC 2016 select 20 opponents
    WTCC 2017 select 15 opponents

Manually selecting opponents won't work as the Citroen does not appear in the menu.

19. Maddin71287

Maddin71287 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm as well, the link still works :)
    I just payed 23,99€ to have a Citroen in RaceRoom :D
    You know what, i like RaceRoom a lot, so i see it as a Support to the developer and for me, i was able to complete my collection in the game. It always bothered me, not to have the citroen, especially when i Start up the game and getting greetings from the citroen on the old loading screen :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    But the wtcc pack in the store only contains wtcc 13-15, so you are still missing the Citroen from 16 and 17 :p