Why it is still impossible to stall the engine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krzysztof Volek, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    This question came to me lately, as I was testing Stock Car Extreme. It can be important factor after spin, and it can add significant amount of time loss and have great impact on time.

Another one is that driving out of sandtraps seems way too easy in game, comparing to what we can see on real races. I think that adding these two factors into overall experience would improve the simulation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    do you mean stall or switch off because you can bind a ignition and starter motor key which allow you to turn the car on and off

I agree driving on sand traps is to easy but real life would be extreme as drivers get stuck all the time irl i think they do need to slow a car down more though as on tracks like zolder straight lining the chicane though the sand is the best way to complete a fast quali lap

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea of stickier gravel traps that stop a car more quickly and can potentially beach the car and cause a DNF. Definitely something that would need to be a hardcore option, not compulsory.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I meant stall of course, I didn't used the right word somehow. Thank you for reminder.

5. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    hmm. never quite test that but I have auto-clutch on because I'm on a DFGT ATM so, check that with auto-clutch off and with a car that uses a gated shifter

6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Both of these ideas are really great, and along with false starts this would take this sim a huge leap forward!! :)

Imagine the tension on the starting line.
    On the one hand don't let off the clutch or yank first gear to early, and get a false start.
    And the other, see to that you got good rpm and letting go of the clutch good enough not to stall the engine!

And then add the terror of overshooting or cutting a corner, sending you out to an evil gravel trap, that might cost you the race if your not able to get the car out again!

"Making me dream away with a big grin on my face!" :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Anything to deter folks from cutting I'm all for. heck it happens to me when i get too aggressive, but then it's my fault so bring on the consequences.

But at the same time I think the bigger penalty given for errors, the more R3E will deter new drivers from sticking around, which is bad news for everyone in the long run.

8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I'm not sure that nasty gravel traps would be a good idea on open servers, do to people ramming others of to get them out of the race... . :eek::(

But it would be nice to have the choise to have them in Single player and on Dedicated servers.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    and if the ai made mistakes and somtimes lit the rears up sn stalled every once in a while it would make for a much more interesting start in sp races

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    It would be nice though, if the AI was better at avoiding the other cars when they do make mistakes, instead of just slamming the brakes in the middle of the road making the accidents even bigger and worse!.. .

But more variety to their behavior and flaws would be much welcome!

• Agree Agree x 2