Will Raceroom be moving to a new a new engine soon?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blueferrari, Feb 25, 2021.

1. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    That's not how a disagree button works in a forum and i'm pretty sure you know this :rolleyes:

To be honest i really like AMS2. It's not fault free and i can make a long list of things witch could be improved, but i can make such a list of any game i ever played, including R3E, witch has been out for many more years than AMS2.

Whatever engine Sector3 are going to use is not a decision we have to make, it's their game and their decision. The end result is the only thing that matters.

2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I agree, you dont like AMS2

They are disagreeing with what you said, and you know it ;)
    Perhaps, just maybe this is what they are disagreeing with ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    define "soon"

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Anytime between now and the end of time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Time is relative so it is hard to tell when. :D

6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    It’s a wibbly wobbly timey wimey ..... stuff.

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    It is their decision and I trust them to choose wisely (and I do know that's not how a like/dislike button works), :p that's why I don't think they would go near the madness of the madness engine, far to smart for that. My lack of interest in AMS2 is solely down to the driving, it's a driving sim and I don't like how it drives and until I do I will not use it, quite simple, I don't drive iRansom or ACC for exactly the same reason but they don't have the same faults, other than I don't get the feel I want, I'm paying, my choice, just as it is RR's choice about future plans.
    Have no idea why, when gaming has overtaken the Movie business for market domination, that not one publisher can come up with a finished driving sim, it's almost as if they don't want to. Imho I don't think the big boys believe there is enough left in the market after iRansom, not to warrant spending millions on for sure. So as consumers we are left with a handful of either unfinished, unsupported, unaffordable or undriveable sims, bloody strange world we live in, as I'd imagine the average sim racer to be among, not only the more affluent but also the most likely to splash out on hardware, flight simmers apart that is, they build the front sections of airliners in their spare bedrooms, they don't count. :)
    The customer is always right, unless he/she is a driving enthusiast, in that case either like it or lump it or in some cases, sort it out yourself, as in AC's case, done a great job by all accounts, can't say myself as when I bought into ACC I removed AC and can't be arsed to reinstall and set it all up again, my loss I know but more than happy with RR (with latest tyre model) and rFactor2, with a splash of Wreckfest and the odd squirt of DR2, more than covered.

8. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Oh look, I was right, now just to wait till December for another fake announcement:-D.