Will the interface ever not be tied to the internet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bunK, Jan 30, 2015.

1. bunK

bunK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy everything this game has to offer so far but the interface can be really frustrating. Every single thing I click on in the menu starts with a popup saying "waiting for server response". What the hell? This is the most bizarre thing I've ever come across in a racing sim. I could understand that message if I was trying to play online multiplayer, but for single player and championships? You've got to be kidding me. Is this something that is going to change before a "final" release? I sincerely hope so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ...the complete ui is a disaster.... first green, than white.....wanna watch replay? back back to green ui and so on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    For me the major issue is the lack of contrast in some of the series. In the regular R3E it's great but in others I simply don't see anything unless I get up and get close to the TV lol. Not very colorblind friendly. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    It is absolutely true that the interface could be more simple, clean and clear. The HUD should be redesigned to be lighter and minimalist.

5. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Even on the standard R3E interface I am always looking for the mouse cursor, white on white doesn't help! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I wrote the same post on RD forums today, but I think here is even better place for it.
    S3 should take example from 777 Studios, creators of the Rise of Flight. They also started their sim, which has exactly the same business model with micro transactions as R3E in a "online only" manner even for single player, but later on decided to change it, so there is no more need for online connection to run the game itself, apart from multiplayer of course. And their menu wasn't even lagging due to connection, it was just for DRM purposes. In R3E it's much worse, please S3 understand us players - it's just massive pain in the ass for us having to wait for each one button click because menu is extremely laggy due to permanent online connection it requires.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Yes I do understand the online required model but there should be part of the UI that is cached for offline. Then, when you selected your mode, car and track you can wait for the track to load even if you are not in MP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    As I've said too many times now, it makes installing the game to SSD a wasted endeavour.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. cjbifidus

cjbifidus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    100% agree, I moved the installation from the main HD to my SSD and it made no different.

10. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    What, like this?