Windows 10 performance with RRE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oliver Augst, May 11, 2015.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I went back to Windows 7 and gained about 40 fps per game.

2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    No problems whatsoever.

3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Really !!? Wow ..
    Hmm i guess i should do a few lap on one track and record the FPS i get. I was about to install win10 in a driver that i am not using just for testing.

4. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I also changed to w10 believing that RRE would run faster like the owner of this thread suggested but actually was laggier, plus my DVD burner stopped working and cause damage to one of my USB memory, it was a pain in the ass to get back w7 but finally I made it, I was suspecting that it was a trick from w10 make difficult going back previous OS. Until Sonat Ozturk make it official I wouldn't get w10. That's why it's free... so people report bugs and for let them avoid that big mistake of w8, but I guess I'll give 2 years while it gets a decent system.

5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    For me to go an test windows and risk free since I have an extra drive. I will do it soon and reply to this thread with my experience.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hansje

Hansje New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I first had problems with my new Windows 10 install. blue screens and so on...but with all the updates (Windows) it runs great and a lot better/faster and stable then Windows 7 (Home Edition)

With the latest shadow update (patch) I can run all MAX even with 4xS and 4X Sparse Grid Supersampling...its running perfect stable on all circuits...using Vsync enabled and 60HZ.
    Also visible cars MAX settings and so on, smooth as butter as we say in Holland :)
    Using a G27 wheel..also no problems.

I did a clean Windows 10 Install.

Hansje

(Previous Owner of Hansje's World...good old days with a lot of LINKS/GUIDES)

7. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I think if your only running 1 GPU and 1 screen your fine. Windows 10 does not yet support more than 1 GPU (last time I checked)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lars Bachmann

Lars Bachmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well...
    I am running Win 10 at the moment and everything works fine. I think I even gained some performance.
    Overall in every game I play it runs better than win 7.

9. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    thanks guys....seems there is only one way to find out.... :D

10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, it's mixed really but from my experience with windows 10 and on the machine i installed it on. It's good. One of my gaming buddy swears up and down that my main machine should be updated but I never go in blindly :). More to come ( I know I know I keep saying I'll do the test !! I will !! ) :p

11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Had some weird bugs when I first changed to W10, W10 and Nvidia didn't seem to match..
    But it have now been stable for a couple of months, and are back on max settings in R3E after the latest patch. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I installed Win10 last month and when it came to all games, I gained performance and for RRRE it feel like a totaly new game. :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I had a weird resolution issue with lots of games in Windows 10 (not to mention a lot of non-working games). The resolution was fuzzy in most all games and a few could be fixed by manually editing the graphics config file, but a few couldn't which drove me crazy.

14. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I don't see any problems with Windows 10, actually most games seem to run a little better. BUT, there seems to be a issue with the nVidia drivers. All my games were running fine on Windows 10 then one day I starting seeing a big drop in performance - 30-40 FPS drop. What I ended up doing (Googling found a tip) is setting all of the nVidia "services" to "manual", has run at top performance since. The only service that starts when needed is the network service (and Display Driver if control panel is opened) - didn't bother testing each service individually. The Shadow Play FPS monitor still works but you need another service for Shadow Play recording - didn't bother testing which service as I rarely record. Your mileage may vary!

upload_2015-11-7_15-38-9.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
  16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Ok I installed windows 10 on that extra SSD I had and it's .. Hmm inconclusive. R3E runs pretty much the same. I noticed the exact same slowdown (fps drop) in the same sections. But I need to do more testing I only played around with it for an hour or so, And spent most of my time trying to fix a bug because win10 is giving me trouble with my audigy x/fi for some reason.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  17. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Win10 made R3E to a totaly new game for me or actualy all games are preforming better now. :D
    But then I dont have a high end gaming maching I am on medium setings all over as before on Vista but it's a huge difference compared to vista and R3E is a dream. :D

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  18. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Still running great on Win10 for me - no issues at this point and excellent performance.

19. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Are there still some of you who are having full screen issues with Windows 10?

20. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    No I've tryed both ful screen 1920x1080 and windowe mode in win10 x64 it all work perfect, for me the windowed mode is different behavior in game, but that could be setings in my computer and not the game. ;)

I run on Win10 x64 Nvidia GTX650 on a 46" screen in full HD.