Windows 10 performance with RRE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oliver Augst, May 11, 2015.

1. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I tried razer cortex. It displays the fps in the top left corner of the screen.
    With middle settings i had between 28 and 30 fps.

With windows 10 i reach 30-36 fps, always with middle settings.

• Like Like x 1
  2. shodan01

shodan01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have problems on win10 with dual monitor (hdmi tv+monitor cloned). On win7 64bit everything is fine, than i updated to win10, and in clone mode the game is stuttering like hell.... If im using only one monitor its look fine.

3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried dumping your video driver then reinstalling as admin, helped me when I was having similar probs but that was before the last update, which I believe has addressed several graphical bugs.
    I must admit that since the last small patch everything has ran faultlessly apart from a very strange instance yesterday when in race my gearbox changed to auto on its own, in the confusion I span and hit a wall and it refused to let me put it in reverse so was stuck facing a wall, had to drop out, now that is a new one on me and when I returned to menu the gearbox remained at auto! :confused:

4. MrFriendly

MrFriendly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    XMG Notebook, i7, GTX960M, Win10pro (64), Full HD external Monitor via HDMI, PhysX set fix to GPU, game video features to max, resolution full HD, Logitech driving force GT.
    All installations clean (OS and drivers), no issues at all.
    Game runs with perfect performance in Window mode and full screen mode. there are very few maps where in one or two spots the framerate drops sigificantly for a fraction of a second (i.e. Hillclimb). Does not affect gameplay. Bottom line win 10 works verry fine with r3e in this configuration.
    Had one application crash of r3e in 3 days constant play.

5. shodan01

shodan01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And what about the virtual rear view mirror? it also has some stuttering problem.

6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean stuttering or low frame rate?

7. MrFriendly

MrFriendly New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    virtual rear view mirror is perfect @ my configuration. I mean low frame rate. I also experienced stuttering, but I assume that ist due to client server communication and has nothing to do with client system performance or setup.

8. shodan01

shodan01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes I mean that, if i remember well that wasnt a problem on earlier versions on win7 64bit

9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    One thing that has been telling for me, since upgrading to win 10 and setting up graphics to high, I have not been back in the graphics options. Used to be in there multiple times per session trying to find a sweet spot. Now its stable on high, more racing less tweaking. (Even if I enjoy tweaking to a degree)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. jackadision

jackadision New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Windows 10 slow performance is a known issue, but don't worry as you can easily deal with this issue.
    • Clear unwanted registry
    • Fix DLL issues
    • Update System Drivers
    • Do disk cleanup

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    High Performance power plan helped me to get more stable fps under Windows 10.With the default power settings,the OS was underclocking the CPU and the GPU to save power,when it thought it wasn't needed.This led to big gaps in FPS across all games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hackerstock

Hackerstock New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this article (hackerstock)

13. Mokrad

Mokrad New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Une mise à jour a été apportée à Windows 10 et il me manque des pilotes

14. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Just raising awareness that in the last 9 months Microsoft has pushed out the 'fullscreen optimisation' feature and enabled it by default. The feature is fine if you have sub 70 fps but any higher and theres inconsistent stutters.

I've found this feature being enabled to be a source for allot of my FPS stutters pushing past 14xfps. (makes 14xfps feel like 30 even though fps moniters tell me its 14x).

15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    No, the fullscreen optimizations have been enabled by default in Windows 10 since it was released. The feature also doesn't cause any stuttering for me.